Medical Questions > Womens Health > Vaginal and Uterus Health Forum

cramping but no period and not pregnant

Must Read
To better understand abnormal vaginal bleeding, we first review normal vaginal bleeding. Do you know when uterine blood is normal, or not?...
What are the signs and symptoms of abnormal vaginal bleeding? When should you seek help?...
Prepare yourself and know what to expect when you visit your doctor for vaginal bleeding. We review the medical tests and diagnostic procedures frequently used....
So for about two or so months now I've been having pains where my uterus is. It feels like menstrual cramps but I have yet to have a period and I took a pregnancy test and it says negative (if I were pregnant I'd be about 6 or 7 weeks along and I'm pretty sure at that point a pregnancy test would catch that).

What else could it be? I don't have insurance so I can't go to a doctor and quite frankly I'm starting to panic.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied July 20th, 2010
Hello,
Welcome to ehealthforum.
The light cramps in the uterus are common during early pregnancy, it happens due to contractions in the uterus. If it is getting severe, do not delay your visit to the gynecologist.
Get yourself examined thoroughly along with blood beta HCG test to confirm your pregnancy. The UPT (urine pregnancy tests) in early pregnancy can show a false negative result (negative test even though you are pregnant) due to less concentration of pregnancy hormone (HCG) in the urine. Blood test and an ultrasound scan are more accurate and conclusive.
If you do not have insurance try taking help from 'free clinics', they take care of medical needs of people without insurance at subsidized rate.
Take care.

|

replied June 13th, 2011
ok so I have been having cramps somtimes, my last period ended on the 12 or 13 of may and i should have started by now, i took 2 pregnancy test and they are neg, i have been having a mucus discharge for a while,
what could this be
|

replied August 13th, 2011
can you still be pregnant, even though you are over a month of your periods and your tests are showing negative?
|

replied October 13th, 2011
Pregnancy after Menstrual cycle?
I was intimate with my boyfriend in very early August. At the end of August I got my period, it wasn't like spotting because it was heavy like usual. However, I missed Septembers period but have been having cramps and pressure like menstrual cramps. Is it possible to be pregnant after already having a heavy period weeks after unprotected sex?
|

replied December 8th, 2011
Cramps, no period, and not pregnant.
I want to know this answer too. I have been having cramps for over a month now. My last period was late and light, but still five days of constant flow. The doctor told me I had an infection, but the nest came back negative. He says there's no way I'm pregnant. I'm not convinced... Now this period is a couple days late, but I haven't quite feeling like I'm on my period since before the last one so it's hard to tell if it's coming.
|

User Profile
replied June 10th, 2012
i had unprotected sex with my boyfriend last month.i missed my periods this month. i also took the hpt two times but it was negative. i am suffering from cramps and back aches (which i usually have during my periods) from last two weeks but the bleeding had not started yet. m worried now. please suuggest me something. what could be the problem be!
|

replied March 28th, 2013
womb cramps
I haven't been sexually active for almost 3 months now. I had all my menstrual periods. The first 2 months I had some pregnancy signs. Since I had all my periods, I'm convinced am not pregnant. But I had womb cramps lately. Should I be worried?
|
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Vaginal and Uterus Health , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.