Medical Questions > Womens Health > Menstruation Forum

Cramping after period

Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
I missed my period in February completely and then in the middle of march I got it like I would any other time. Then a week later I randomly started to lightly bleed and then a few days after that it got really heavy. Unbearably heavy. I had terrible cramping. My heavy period ended 3 days ago however the extreme cramps haven't gone away. I'm not currently on birth control but would that help take the pain away? What's causing the extreme cramping? No under the counter medications are working (such are Pamprin, Midol, etc.) Not sure what to do. I have a doctors appointment but I need help in the mean time.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied April 5th, 2012
Community Volunteer
Sorry to hear this. Is there any way you can see your doctor sooner?

Try Putting a warm water bottle over it.

Best of luck!
|
Did you find this post helpful?