Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Pancreas Disorders Forum

CP symptoms ?

Must Read
Gastritis is a general term for stomach disorder. Learn more about types of gastritis, and the anatomy of the stomach in this basic intro to gastritis....
Gastritis occurs when the stomach lining becomes irritated and inflamed. But what can cause this medical condition? Are you at risk of this stomach disorder?...
Gastritis, or stomach inflammation, can be either acute or chronic. Learn how to tell the difference and know when to seek medical help by reading here....
Anyone have CP i think I have early CP, for several months now ive had green and yellow stools sometimes loose sometimes hard sometimes both I cant digest tomatoes or lettuce anymore, It doesnt hurt to eat however I have almost a constant dull pain on my right upper quadrant... however if I push on my stomach theres rarely pain, most of the pain is in my back but its weird if Im sitting still laying ect its fine but if I arch my back (shoulders back, stomach forward) I get this pain in my back just about where the back ribs connect to the back... I have been to a GI he has me on an acid reducer and a spasm reducing drug for my colon, he did a colonoscopy/endoscopy, and said I had a spastic colon, and acute gastritis, however it just doesnt feel like it to me, from all the surfing ive done it seems more like something bilinary but he is adamant that im too young
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied September 25th, 2010
It really is not possible to say whether or not you have chronic pancreatitis based upon the limited information that you have provided. However, if you have never had pancreatitis before, and if you do not have gallstones, and if you do not drink alcohol or take medications associated with pancreatitis, and if the lipase or/and amylase levels in your blood are normal, and if there is no history of chronic pancreatitis in your family, then it is unlikely that you have chronic pancreatitis.

You should certainly ask your GI doctor to comment on your concerns.

Sincerely/ Robert A. Wascher, MD, FACS

www.doctorwascher.com

www.oncoguard.com

A landmark, evidence-based guide to a healthy cancer-prevention lifestyle, based on cutting-edge cancer research.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Pancreas Disorders , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.