Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Sexually Transmitted Diseases Forum

Could my bacterial throat/tonsil infection be due to oral sex?

Must Read
Chlamydia is the most common STD in the U.S. Learn how this potentially serious sexually transmitted disease is spread so you can protect yourself....
Learn more about the germ that causes this sexually transmitted infection (STI) and evaluate whether or not you are at high risk of getting chlamydia here....
Left untreated, chlamydia can cause serious complications such as infertility. Learn to identify signs and symptoms of chlamydia here to prevent illness....
I have been suffering from what appeared to be tonsillitis for about 3 days. My tonsils are inflamed, the right one much larger and covered in pus. My throat is also patchy with pus spots.My right lymph node extremely swollen. I was suffering from chills and night sweats but they seem to have calmed down a bit although my tonsil is becoming more painful. I paid a visit to my GP today and he said the penicillin he prescribed blindly 2 days ago did not seem to be showing any response. He has taken a culture but unfortunately it's bank holiday tomorrow so no results for me! My real concern though, as doc did not seem to know at all what was wrong with me, is that the weekend before last i performed unprotected oral sex on a man more than once(and swallowed) Do these symptoms sound familiar to anyone after oral sex? could i have a STI infection in my throat, or possible have picked up some other bacterial infection through the semen?the other thing that caught my attention was the similar sounding symptoms of Acute retro-viral syndrome.. i really hope it isn't. any educated reassurance/help/advice will be really appreciated. thankyou!
Did you find this post helpful?
|