Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Vascular and Circulatory Disorders Forum

Could it be DVT?

I had a baby 11 days ago and got superficial thrombosis in a couple of my varicose veins the night after giving birth. Those clots seem to have gone away or are close to gone. Yesterday I noticed a new pain around my inner thigh. The only symptom is a slight pain when I stand and walk. There is no varicose vein in the area, no swelling or redness and it doesn't hurt to touch which were all symptoms with my other clots. I am still worried it might be a new clot or even worse dvt. Any thoughts? I feel like I have called the doctor freaking out about every little change and don't want to call if its most likely nothing.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied December 1st, 2016
Since you recently had a episode of Superficial thrombophlebitis, and are recovering, you will have a few points of tenderness along the veins that were affected. This is normal during the resolution process and you need not panic.

Just use anti-inflammatory medications like Ibuprofen and local application of ice packs which will reduce your symptoms.

If you have any doubts consult your doctor and seek a proper medical opinion.

I hope this helps.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Vascular and Circulatory Disorders , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.