Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Herpes and Genital Warts Forum

could i have infected the kids?

Must Read
20% of the population has or carries herpes simplex virus. But do you know what herpes is? Learn about causes and risk factors for herpes. ...
Do you know the less common signs and symptoms of herpes? Get the facts of herpes symptoms and outbreaks here....
Herpes diagnosis requires proper testing. Learn about the two simple tests that doctors use to confirm a herpes diagnosis....
So last month I got diagnosed with genital herpes. At first I just went in because I had tiny little bumps and I wanted to make sure they were t herpes. Well that's what they turned out to be and the doctor prescribed me acyclovir, the next day, after taking the medication I broke out in bigger blisters and it seemed to get way worse than it was before the medicine. I went back and he gave me a prescription for valacyclovir, I finished the ten day treatment and i still have little bumps. Now they are Higher and I still have the same ones I began with. I'm also very concerned because I was a nanny and I dont know if I could have infected the kids by using the same toilet as them and changing their diapers. I'm very stressed and depressed about this and it would make me feel better to talk to
Someone who knows what I'm going through.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied March 16th, 2012
I've had herpes for a few years, and usually use acyclovir cream and famcyclovir pills for it. I guess those help a bit, but I heard good things about hsv-zero topical treatment, and I'll chime in and recommend it. It speeds up the healing a lot, and sometimes prevents the outbreak altogether for me, if I slather it on when I get itchy.
|

replied March 18th, 2012
I got herpes about a year ago, the stress of it in the beginning was horrible, but there after you really come to terms with it and realize that it is not the worst thing on earth that can happen to you.
I got quite involved with the herpes online community and even started an online herpes dating website, on this site there is also referenced to support groups and events that take place. The site is 100 percent free, so feel free to come and have a look. herpesmate.com it does make it easier to be able to chat with people in the same situation as you.
|