Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Yeast Infection Forum

Could I Have a Yeast Infection or Could it be Something Else?

Must Read
Yeast infection and candida albicans basics - we review causes and risk factors. Start learning how to fight yeast infections by clicking here....
Yeast infections affect warm, moist parts of the body. Learn the signs and symptoms of yeast infections as they appear on the skin, oral and genital areas....
I have had vaginal itching and a bit of soreness as well as a little bit of burning not much. I thought at first it was nothing much and decided to just treat the itch with vagisil for two days. On the third day i went to apply the creme i noticed that i had white discharge (that was there at first); it was odorless. I was wondering if i may have a yeast infection and if it would be safe to treat it with the over-the-counter cream... monostat or should i go to the doctor?
have you ever had these symptoms?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied June 21st, 2009
Supporter
If the discharge is odorless, it may not be a yeast infection. You can purchase a yeast infection test kit at the drug store to be sure. I wouldn't waste a trip to the doctor for something so minor unless I had ruled out a yeast infection or unless the problem worsened. But that's just my opinion.
|

User Profile
replied June 22nd, 2009
Supporter
you should treat it with the cream. if it isnt a yeast infection your symptoms will come back.
it might be better to go to the doctor to be 100% sure. i treated myself for a yeast infection and my symptoms came back because i had a bacterial infection.
|

replied June 23rd, 2009
Supporter
I think your best bet would be to go get a pap smear. I had similar symptoms but my discharge had a fishy smell to it. I went to the doctor and it turned out I had a bacterial infection.
|

replied July 1st, 2009
yeast infection cure.
hello i had yeast infection for 4yrs. once i became aware of my symptoms actually being caused because of yeast infection, i began doing my research when i discovered how to cure yeast infection in 3 days and was cured through a natural process with extreme potency to get rid of most of my symptoms by the 2nd day and actually got cured on my 3rd day!
|

replied July 1st, 2009
I've had so many yeast infections before that I wouldn't go to a doctor unless I knew it wasn't that. You can try a cider vinegar douche or soak in the same solution, then repeat for a few days. If this seems to help you, then you have your answer and also didn't expose yourself to an unnecessary medication like Monistat. Hope this helps, good luck.
|

replied July 4th, 2009
Well i don't think it can be yeast infection.but for further safety you should once consult a doctor..Avoid sweet things and sugar..It can aggravate yeast infection.
|