Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > HIV and AIDS Forum

Could I have a sexual disease?

Must Read
Do you know what causes HIV? Get started by learning the facts on HIV and AIDS here....
Do you know what puts you at high risk of HIV? Debunk the myths and get the facts of HIV risk factors here....
Can you identify early HIV symptoms. Learn what to look for and when to seek medical help as we review symptoms of HIV here....
Hello. I've been feeling very weak all over my body and it feels like I have a fever, but when I check my temperature, it's completely normal 38.8 degrees Celsius. I also find it painful to swallow. It's the same when I wake up all the way until I go to sleep. The thing that doesn't leave my thoughts is that I was very very drunk on the weekend and had protected anal sex with a complete stranger. So my symptoms started like 40 hours after the intercourse. Because we did take a shower together and also had oral sex. Could these things be realted to each other?
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper User Profile
|

User Profile
replied May 10th, 2017
Welcome to e health forum.

Your symptoms are not related to HIV. Most likely cause of your symptoms would be due to common viral infections (common cold) which are common when you come in close contact (as during handshakes during meetings, kissing, sexual intercourse, etc) with new individuals, when nasal or oral secretions can be passed on to infect others.

Most of these cases improve on their own within a few days without treatment. Some measures like adequate rest, anti-inflammatory medications (advil, tylenol), good diet can help in recovery.

|

replied May 10th, 2017
6 days later it still has not improved and I feel extreme fatigue in my legs and hands which even is painful sometimes and feels uncomfortable. I did a blood-test at doctors which showed that my white blood cells are at the very lowest line. Do you have any idea if it could be related to any of that? I still keep going to the doctor but it's hard to get the appointments so I want to go to each appointment with possible concerns that I can raise up if it might get things moving with the doctor.
|
Tags: HIV and AIDS
Quick Reply
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our HIV and AIDS , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.