Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Digestive and Bowel Disorders Forum

Could I Have a Form of Gastrointestinal Cancer?

Must Read
Millions of Americans are diagnosed with cancer. But what exactly is cancer and how does it affect the body?...
What puts you at risk for developing cancer? Learn how you can avoid or reduce exposure to risk factors for cancer here....
Cancer can occur anywhere in the body. But what are the signs and symptoms of cancer? Learn about general symptoms of cancer here....
I am 14 years old and for the past 7 months, I have been having abdominal discomfort. On the pain scale, it never reaches above a 4 out of 10 I would say. Occasionally I feel nauseated, but I have not thrown up since this has begun. For the past month, I have been having diarrhea almost 5 days out of the week. I also believe that the diarrhea contains blood, however it is not dark, it is somewhat of a reddish color. I think that I also may be slightly depressed, ever since this begun I have lost interest in certain items that I used to enjoy; video games, walking my dog and occasionally hanging out with my friends. I also lost the drive to do good in school. I thought it may have been stress and puberty, but I have been on a somewhat care free summer vacation for about a month now and nothing has changed. I have also noticed a slight increase in mild headaches, but they never last more than 10 minutes and most times I don't need any ibuprofen to relieve the pain. Also, I have noticed pain and a restless feeling in the upper thighs that comes and goes and may only occur a few days out of the week. I have bad anxiety and I can't escape the feeling that this could be a tragic disease like cancer. My mother had ovarian and her grandmother had Colon cancer. But my great grandmother was also an alcoholic and died from the cancer at the young age of 53. Please someone help me. I am incredibly scared
Did you find this post helpful?
|