Medical Questions > Mental Health > Schizophrenia Forum

Could I be schizophrenic?

Must Read
Schizophrenia is a lifelong brain disorder. But how do doctors define it? And is there a cure?...
What causes schizophrenia? And what are the risks of developing this treatable mental illness?...
The first signs of schizophrenia may be difficult to identify. Learn the most common signs and symptoms of schizophrenia and know when to ask for medical help....
Well one day when I was extremely bored I took some schizophrenic surveys, I have scored pretty high but they tell me to no talk it as a diagnosis. Sometimes in school when I am making conversations in my mind because I easily forget what I was doing but anyways I usually assume that people can hear my thoughts and they are all just playing it all out and are potting to get me! I also tend to smell and hear things others cannot, but I read that people who are insane never really know if they are insane so if I suspect it it would make me not insane, but then once I suspect I'm not insane but since of the scores it proves I am insane, which would make me insane! Anyways I also tend to have high stress levels and just lose it every now and then and yell out gibberish out of the top of my lungs or I either destroy things, even my food when the food makes me angry. I usually respond to the conversations in my mind through faces and sometimes forget about reality and find the arguments to turn out to be real. I tend to have violent thoughts of me losing it and committing genius plans to protect myself from being caught and sometimes I think about taking out the anger on myself or others usually through shoving something through the skin and tearing out organs. I feel I am very special in some way and since I believe to be schizophrenic I otherwise do not want anybody to know which means I do not want to visit a therapist. What happens if I really am and turn out to end up hurting someone or their property
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied November 25th, 2009
Oh and a couple details I forgot was that I tend to rarely hear and see very scary things during the night time, usually when I can't sleep! I see shadows that come towards me and I close my eyes and pray nothing hppes and when I ope thm it's gone... Also I tend to hear evil laughs loudly going muhahahahahaha!!!! It's so loud and serious I think there is someone doing a evil deed and I asked my mom if she heard that (She slept in my room with me bcause I was sick) and she didn't..
|

replied November 28th, 2009
I can also feel as if fast moving little spiders are running across my body quite a lot
|

replied December 1st, 2009
Your symptoms are related to psychotic espisode but that doesn't mean you have schizofrenia. It can but it depend on how long you are having this symptoms. < (lower than) 6 months != (isn't) schizofrenia.
|

replied December 1st, 2009
It is so easy to look at your symptoms and say this is what your are? If we go by a medical? diagnostic model. But Do you want that? I Could mean that we try a few different drugs out on you, see if they work, try a few more, you may be lucky and we can sufficiently sedate you so that there is no creativity, etc in your life, otherwise, we can accept you for the way you are, see that you have some strange idiosyncracies, from what we think is normal, love you and hope that you can become the best you can be, inspire us and whatever may be, will be> Dont get me wrong, medicine does awesome things, but it is not the be all and end all. BE INFORMED!
|