Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Gallbladder Disease Forum

Could gallbladder be diseased?

Must Read
Are you suffering from gallbladder pain? We describe the location and function of the gallbladder to target possible problems....
When do you need to see a doctor about possible gallbladder problems? Learn to distinguish signs and symptoms of gallbladder disease to take action before it's...
Gallstones are the most frequent cause of an inflamed gallbladder. Know the common symptoms of gallstones or gallstone attack....
Is a 60% ejection fraction from a hida scan bad? The ultrasound and scope did not show anything was wrong with the gallbladder and there are no gallstones. There is occasional pain that occurs every few months and lasts a couple weeks from the right side radiating to the back. Is there a need to consider having gallbladder surgery?
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper iann
|

replied December 1st, 2011
Experienced User
60% is thoroughly normal.
|

Ok, thank you! My friend is in this situation and her G.I doctor has referred her to a G.I surgeon to have it removed. 60% sounded good to me considering my ejection fraction was 14% when I had mine removed.
|

Experienced User
Of course a "thoroughly normal EF" is no guarantee that the gallbladder is 100% healthy but it would be unusual to have it removed without some other reasons.
|