Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Liver Disorders, Hepatitis A,B,C Forum

could a random small bruise be a sign of liver damage?

Must Read
Hepatitis can lead to serious liver damage. We cover basics about liver anatomy and define hepatitis here. Plus info on the different types of hepatitis....
What are the major causes of Hepatitis A, Hepatitis B and Hepatitis C? Start here to learn what puts you at risk so that you can avoid the serious liver disease...
A list of the symptoms of each type of Hepatitis here. Plus, when you should seek medical attention for Hep signs and symptoms....
I have a random small bruise like patch(faded reddish brown color) near the inner arm of my left arm, its the size of a pencil eraser and i noticed it last night. it doesn't hurt or anything and the skin seems fine, its not raised or anything.

I would also like to mention, last year my hyperthyroidism relapsed and i have been on tapazole 5mg once a day since then. could it be a sign of liver damage?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied February 29th, 2012
Hello and welcome to e health forum.

The bruise seen could be due to a incidental injury, that you might have not remembered.

Since you do not have any symptoms, you need not worry about it.

Applying a thrombophob ointment and use of medications like Advil, might help in quick healing of the bruise.

Bruising is not a classic indicator of liver disease.

The more common signs of liver disease include - nausea, vomiting, right upper quadrant abdominal pain, jaundice (a ‎yellow discoloration of the skin due to elevated bilirubin concentrations in the bloodstream ) , Fatigue, weakness ‎and weight loss. ‎

In case you have the above mentioned issues, you should consult with your doctor for a examination and proper treatment.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Liver Disorders, Hepatitis A,B,C , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.