Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Asthma Forum

Coughing up Phlegm , high humidity

Must Read
Asthma affects more than 22 million Americans. But what happens during a respiratory asthma attack? Learn the basics about asthma now....
Some people are more likely than other to be diagnosed with asthma. Learn if you are at risk of asthma in this section on risk factors and causes of asthma....
How can you identify the signs and symptoms of asthma or respiratory problems? We list the common asthma symptoms here and discuss asthma problems....
User Profile
I have asthma not sure if what is going on relates to it, when the humidity is high saliva increases in my mouth and start to cough up Phlegm but then it feels like i cant then i start to gag and then end up throwing up until i eat something that drys out my mouth and throat. Then i must get inside a air conditioning area in order to keep it from happening again. whats wrong with me?

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied September 28th, 2010
Asthma Answer A16351
Hi, and thanks for your medical question on eHealth forum!

It could be gastric reflux too. Raise head end of bed. Take Omeprazole empty stomach in morning and an antacid gel at bedtime. Refrain from smoking, alcohol, fuzzy drinks and spicy food.

If it is not this, then you are allergic to something in humid climate—may be mold or certain spores. This could be worsening the asthma symptoms.

Since a confirmed diagnosis cannot be given on net please discuss these possibilities with your treating doctor. Hope this helps. Take care!

|
Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Asthma , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.