Medical Questions > General Forum Topics > General Q and A Forum

Coughing up mucus with wheezing

Must Read
Do you know the three main reasons we cough? Learn common causes of cough and when coughing might indicate a more serious health problem....
Coughing is normal. But what can cause more troublesome coughs? Learn more about possible causes of cough here....
When should you see a doctor about cough symptoms? When are symptoms a sign of further complications? Learn about cough symptoms basics here....
2 months ago I was hospitalized after a bad asthma attack and severe acute bronchitis. After 4 days in the hospital I was release and was put on Symbicort as a preventative, also was put on Singulair. Since that time I have continuously had tightness in my chest, coughing, and when coughing I am producing greenish/yellowish mucus all day long. I have intermittent wheezing along with this, and use an albuterol inhaler at those times which calms it down some but not completely.

I did quit smoking 3 months ago, could this be related to that? Not sure if it matters butI have had bronchitis at least once a year since I was a baby, and almost always develop bronchitis when I catch a cold.

Any insight would be much appreciated
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied March 5th, 2009
I have the same thing
I've been sick since October-I went to the ER and they told me it was bronchitis.
My breathing has not been the same-my chest is tight-and I cough up yellow mucas.
I've been to the dr. many times-and heve another appt tomorrow morning.
I can't take it anymore.
|

replied May 18th, 2009
same thing here
I have COPD & do the same with Xopenex using the nebulizer. When laying down I have severe wheezing. Does anyone have an answer ,help us please
|