Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > HIV and AIDS Forum

coughing up mucus , stuffy nose, diarrhea

Must Read
Do you know the three main reasons we cough? Learn common causes of cough and when coughing might indicate a more serious health problem....
Coughing is normal. But what can cause more troublesome coughs? Learn more about possible causes of cough here....
When should you see a doctor about cough symptoms? When are symptoms a sign of further complications? Learn about cough symptoms basics here....
I am a 21years of age, male: As i wait for my doctor's appointment next week, I felt as though I may get some responses for my unanswered questions while i wait. Well last year some time i had sex with this unknown female I met at a club. Being a college student and all, it was one of those spontaneous ventures that I carelessly took part in. The female and I had protected sex, however I received oral sex unprotected.
Now what sparked my doctor's appointment was that I am having cold like symptoms for the past 2weeks and its been 6 years since I have not contracted a flu/cold virus.
Symptoms - Recently, I woke up with a sore throat and a headache so I was a bit suspicious. Today will make 2 weeks since I had that feeling, and I having the symptoms of coughing up yellow and white mucus, stuffy nose, and on-off diarrhea. Even though there is no real sign of knowing if someone really have the virus without testing, I was wondering if there was a possibility I might not have.
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper RnBexclusive
|

User Profile
replied May 21st, 2008
Community Volunteer
It could be a cold or flue or a number of things. Oral sex is not 100% safe sex...get tested for STDs and remember that you have to be very careful and always play safe..
|

replied May 21st, 2008
Thanks much homerx, I see you have been an active member on the board and I respect your dedication.
I hope I dont have the virus, but its hell waiting until next week for my doctor's appointment. I am an active blood donor and I gave blood in January so its weird they havent contacted me since then. I know oral sex is not fully safe, but its funny that they always tell you to "wrap it up" however oral sex is not mentioned in the same frame. Its scary knowing that your life can end based on a series of viruses(STD), and its that feeling that quickly deteriorate your bodily function. I hope I am proven wrong but the dry coughs, swollen lymph nodes this morning and soar throat, just makes me more sad.
|
Users who thank RnBexclusive for this post: homerx 

User Profile
replied May 21st, 2008
Community Volunteer
Dont be sad,RnBexclusive...I have a feeling you are going to be fine. I think your right, if you gave blood then they would have contacted you if anything was wrong so thats a good sign. Hang in there! And thank you.
|

replied November 17th, 2009
Results?
RnBexclusive

Could you tell us the result of your tests?
|

replied September 20th, 2012
hiv
Hi name is Daniel I recently I sex with a Girl in the night clubb she just give me a blow job can you get hiv from getting a job? I already got tested for hiv I the results CAME
NEGATIVE FOR STD SO THAT WAS GOOD NEWS BUT NOW
I GET A RANDOM STING IN MY BODY I DONT KNOW WAT IT IS I BEEN HAVEING MUSCUS ABOUT 2 DAYS NOW IS HAVEIN MUSCUS MEAN I HAVE HIV ,??AND HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE FOR SOME CAN KNOW. THEY GOT HIV N THIER BODY? Email plz
|