Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Tuberculosis Forum

coughing after TB

Must Read
Do you know the three main reasons we cough? Learn common causes of cough and when coughing might indicate a more serious health problem....
Coughing is normal. But what can cause more troublesome coughs? Learn more about possible causes of cough here....
When should you see a doctor about cough symptoms? When are symptoms a sign of further complications? Learn about cough symptoms basics here....
Dear Friends,

I need your suggestion about my health.
I got TB 18 month ago, with symptom chronic cough, heavy sputum, loosing body weight, and caverne ( About 2 cm in diameter ) surrounded by infiltrate. I got 2 month Pirazinamid, etambuthol, isoniazid, rifampicin, and 4 month isoniazid, rifampicin additional. After that course of treatment, my cough was reduce but not complete, no infiltrate in x ray (there is fibrotic area as the result ), TB culture was negative, my body weight increase to normal weight. The conditions continue today. Few days ago while doing screening TB using mantoux test, I done it to my self, and the result is 1,7 induration.
Eventhough only cough withnout dispnea,I am really disturbed by this coughing. it's dry cough with itchy in my throat. I also have rhinopharyngitis alergic.
So, What illness do you think that I suffering of? What should i do to make sure that this is not TB?
Thank you.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied July 2nd, 2008
What happened? Are you ok now?
|

replied June 5th, 2009
i also experienced dry cough and itchy throat, but then i had my xray and apicolorticod view as well which shows that i have fibrosis. they saw that as idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis,but in my case, that is a scar due to ptb history. dont worry that much, i also worried a lot cause i thought it's ptb again. those things are just because of the scar that ptb has left in our lungs. i hope this could help u. God bless
|

replied October 18th, 2009
I completed my own tb treatment 3 months ago too. i still have cough sometimes and what scares me most is wat i cough out. very white and thick saliva. i often fear f i still got tb even though everytin bout my health has returned back 2 normal.
|

replied May 14th, 2011
White saliva with blood streaks
i completed my TB treatment 2 years ago..dont have any cough but noticed blood streaks in my saliva in sept 2010 for 2-3 days n visited the doc..everything was fine...Now for the past 1 week again i ve noticed blood streaks in my saliva especially when i come from my evening walk...Is it normal becuz of the scars on the lungs ??
|