Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Ear, Nose and Throat Disorders Forum

Cough with no other symptoms

Must Read
Do you know the three main reasons we cough? Learn common causes of cough and when coughing might indicate a more serious health problem....
Coughing is normal. But what can cause more troublesome coughs? Learn more about possible causes of cough here....
When should you see a doctor about cough symptoms? When are symptoms a sign of further complications? Learn about cough symptoms basics here....
So question is that, I have had this naggy cough without any other symptoms. Meaning I have not developed a cold or runny nose that I am aware of for sure. Also I am able to eat anything, run 5k's training wise perfectly fine. But on the off times, I just have to cough every half hour or so to clear this irritating itch in my throat. The fact that I can run and exercise makes me think I don't have asthma. Also another one of my friends has had this problem as well. This naggy cough is persistent for about 2-3 weeks now. I felt it wasn't serious so I didn't see medical attention, because I am usually told to take holistic methods to relieve the problem. I just have this cough and it has its on and off days. Some days I cough every half hour and some days I cough now and then. If you have any clues to what it might be and what I could do please let me know. Thank you for reading.
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper annoyingcough
|

replied October 6th, 2009
Cough with no other symptoms
I am having the same thing! Exactly! Nagging, itching in my throat - just above the collar bone (if that makes sense). No other symptoms either. Mine just started a couple days ago but it is very irritating! I'll let you know if I find anything about this and I'll check back here to see if anyone has given you advice.
|

replied October 12th, 2009
Cough but not sick... plenty of mucus though
I Also have had this... I had Mexican flu at the beginning of September... following that 2 weeks of coughing... Then it went away for 2 weeks, and now it's been back for nearly 2 weeks... What the heck to do? I'm drinking a bunch of ginger tea. Don't feel in anyway sick, even the fact I've just come through gall bladder surgery and I bounced back super quick.... What to be done?
|

replied October 13th, 2009
I went to the dr yesterday and was told I have walking pneumonia. I was given a steroid, inhaler, antibiotic and cough medication. I don't know if this could be what you are both experiencing but I thought it might help. I have a history of asthma which is why all the meds were prescribed.
|