Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Lungs and Respiratory Disorders Forum

Cough attacks and vomiting saliva

Must Read
Asthma affects more than 22 million Americans. But what happens during a respiratory asthma attack? Learn the basics about asthma now....
Some people are more likely than other to be diagnosed with asthma. Learn if you are at risk of asthma in this section on risk factors and causes of asthma....
How can you identify the signs and symptoms of asthma or respiratory problems? We list the common asthma symptoms here and discuss asthma problems....
Hello, Like on march 08 i started with some weird symptoms, in the middle of the night i would wake up coughing a lot until i vomit, once i vomit is like saliva or mucous mostly. Then it would stop and then next day same thing, until on june i had my tonsils taken out and i was okay for a while until like a week ago i had severe nose congestion and just today i began coughing and vomiting again.
Mostly but not always, it happened when there was a cat in the house, but i have taken antihistaminics and slept at different houses and the results are the same.
Never had blood on the vomit or cough...
What do you think these symptoms mean???
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied August 15th, 2008
Supporter
Sounds pretty uncomfortable. Does this always happen at night or at other times of teh day?
|

replied October 14th, 2008
Did you ever figure out what was wrong? I just woke up with the same symptoms and it's scary. I feel fine now so I'd feel silly going to the ER but I want to make sure it isn't anything serious. My allergies have been acting up badly lately too.
|

replied September 2nd, 2009
I am now drinking Ginger Tea. It is bringing up the saliva without the prolonged coughing. Ones I am using are Organic Tea Bags.. Acushla
|

replied September 7th, 2009
I am no longer coughing up saliva at night. Ginger Tea is even bringing up mucus when I have breakfast so it is working.
|

replied October 27th, 2009
This is happening to my 2 year old. Is it acid reflux? She may throw up a bit the following day, but usually not. Did you ever find out what it was? I dont' think I would be able to get her to drink Ginger Tea!
|

replied November 1st, 2009
If it is acid reflux give her a mouthful of dry rolled oats. I used to pass out at night time when I got out of bed so I took it after the evening meal. From the first night I took it no more problems. Depending on when it happens take it after the meal before it.
|

replied July 3rd, 2010
Coughing saliva during the day. When I have showers Pesticide Poison is absorbed through the skin. About 18 months ago WHO warned all member nations not to put it in drinking water. Here in Australia State ALP Governments ignored warnings, they do not care.
|

replied February 12th, 2012
Hey been to the doctors cause I've been coughing violently and every other day I have been vomiting really bad after eating but ONLY after eating and having a coughing fit any suggestions on what it could be?
|

replied February 13th, 2012
I have been boiling up the jug of water during the day. Next morning I put it in a jug with a lid on it and use it during the day. I have not been vomiting up bubbles since I started doing this. Over 50 years ago I was playing church union cricket.I got stretch marks on my thighs which were purple coloured. Then the purple colour faded away. After the Sodium Fluoride Pesticide Poison was put into the water 3 years ago the purple colour came back. Which proves we ingest far more poison through the skin when we have showers. I am saving up for a filter.
|

replied February 19th, 2013
Take off your aluminum foil hats please.
It's a problem when people genuinely have a heath issue and you nut bags are going on about pesticides put in the water by the government. Really.
|
Quick Reply