Medical Questions > General Forum Topics > General Q and A Forum

Cough and blood on phlegm

Must Read
Do you know the three main reasons we cough? Learn common causes of cough and when coughing might indicate a more serious health problem....
Coughing is normal. But what can cause more troublesome coughs? Learn more about possible causes of cough here....
When should you see a doctor about cough symptoms? When are symptoms a sign of further complications? Learn about cough symptoms basics here....
I've been coughing for ten days now but with no fever or no runny nose, just cough. I feel kind a weak too for the past few days and just this morning and this afternoon, theres blood in my phlegm. I am just concerned with whats in that? Thank you
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied December 5th, 2009
I think this cough is because of a bacterial infection in the airway. The blood you observed in the last two days is because of rupture (caused by cough) in the tissues.

I think, you should consult a doctor. He may prescribe you arithromycin (antibiotic).
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
I agree, you need to see a doctor. If the blood is coming from your lungs, it could indicate a serious infection, like pneumonia or even TB. Insist on a chest x-ray or a chest CT. Ask about a TB test, too (it's really simple). Don't delay on this. The longer you wait, the worse the infection could get.
|

go to your doctors, those are also some signs of lung cancer, not saying it is, but im going to the doctors to get tested for lung cancer, i got a cough blood in phlegm and chest pains to, please consult your doctor
|
Quick Reply