User Profile
How can i control the lipomo. I have many nos. oflipomo in my body. pls advse

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied October 28th, 2009
Alternative Medicine Answer A7657
Hello and welcome to eHealth Forum!

What you describe as ‘multiple lipomo’ is probably ‘lipomas’. The exact cause of lipomas isn't known. Lipomas tend to run in families as hereditary familial lipomatosis, so genetic factors play a role in some cases.
Sometimes lipomas occur after an injury but it cannot be said for sure whether they are caused by the trauma or whether they were accidently detected after injury.

Coming back to your question, It is difficult to say how to control it, as the cause is not known. Since you have many of them, there is a chance that it runs in your family. This is a benign tumor (not cancerous) and hence generally left as it is. Hope this helps. Take care!

|
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Alternative Medicine , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.