Medical Questions > Womens Health > Vaginal and Uterus Health Forum

Contractions, but I am not pregnant

Must Read
To better understand abnormal vaginal bleeding, we first review normal vaginal bleeding. Do you know when uterine blood is normal, or not?...
What are the signs and symptoms of abnormal vaginal bleeding? When should you seek help?...
Prepare yourself and know what to expect when you visit your doctor for vaginal bleeding. We review the medical tests and diagnostic procedures frequently used....
I am having contractions...(I have 2 children so I know what they are) but I am not pregnant and NOT on my period. It comes in waves just like if I were in labor, and sometimes last several minutes. They are far apart right now, however some of them make me double over. What is this?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied September 22nd, 2012
Re: Contractions not pregnant
Did you ever find out what caused the contractions? I have 3 kids so I know that unmistakeable feeling as well. Mine started the night before last and continued every 2 min! They are the squeezing sensation where you feel the wind knocked out along with some stabbing pains down the sides and lower belly. I called the clinic with my old midwife and it had them all stumped. They had me come in for a urine culture and hCG Quantitiative Serum test. I have to wait until Monday (yesterday was Fri) for the results. UGH. At this point being pregnant would be an act of God. Plus, two negative tests. Yet today here they are still! Please let me know if you found anything out about your symptoms since you posted. Thank you.
|

replied October 22nd, 2013
Im not pregnant or do not have my period; but I am on a birth control.. Yesterday while laying down, I felt the sharpest pain inside my vaginal area as if I was having contractions, it lasted about 10 seconds. I have one child. Crazy thing is this happens like every 6 months. I tend to think it can be a spasm, or change in the body, like no longer using birth control, irregular periods, maybe you haven't had sex in a while, then u when u finally do a day or two later your having quick, sharp, pulsating, sensations. Its a very unique muscle.
|