Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Gallbladder Disease Forum

contracted galblader with high bilirubin

Must Read
Are you suffering from gallbladder pain? We describe the location and function of the gallbladder to target possible problems....
When do you need to see a doctor about possible gallbladder problems? Learn to distinguish signs and symptoms of gallbladder disease to take action before it's...
Gallstones are the most frequent cause of an inflamed gallbladder. Know the common symptoms of gallstones or gallstone attack....
bilirubin is very high, test shows 29%, in ultrasound reoprt it is found that galblader is contracted due to wall thickness. how may I be treated. Please guide me.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied September 15th, 2011
Hello,

Welcome to ehealthforum

I am sorry to hear about your state.High bilirubin indicate liver disorder and gall bladder contraction can also be due to stones,infection,inflammation etc.
You might be requiring dietary modification and medications first to lower bilirubin levels.If needed Gall bladder might also be treated by drugs otherwise surgical treatment is the option.
COnsider visiting a Physician for evaluation.

Take care!

|

replied September 16th, 2011
Experienced User
Bile duct blockage can cause bile to back up to the liver and then into the blood. This may be difficult to separate from other liver problems, but in your case it sounds as if they have already diagnosed a gallbladder issue.
|
Tags: ultrasound
Quick Reply
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Gallbladder Disease , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.