Medical Questions > Womens Health > Birth Control Forum

Continuous late periods on the pill

Must Read
Birth control is helpful in preventing pregnancy. Need to know more about birth control? Start here to learn more about popular methods of birth control....
You have many birth control options. Each works differently. What are the choices and what should you consider in order to help you make your decision? ...
Each method of birth control comes with risks to your health. What are the general problems you could encounter?...
I have been on Yaz birth control for about 3 or 4 years now and I have noticed that in the last 6-8 months, my periods have been coming later in my pill pack. At first they would come on the 4th day of my sugar pills and then they started coming on the last day of my sugar pills. In the last two months, my period has not come until the first or second day in my next pill pack, after I have finished taking all the sugar pills. It has also become extremely light and only last for about 2-3 days. I talked to my doctor and she said that as long as there isn't heavier bleeding, it's fine. But she failed to tell me if this is a normal consequence of being on birth control for a few years. Is there anyone who has experienced this as well?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied September 28th, 2011
Community Volunteer (online)
When you are on the pill, your body will fall into a pattern. When your hormone levels get to the correct level, you will bleed. Yes, for some women it means never, for others, only when they start the next pack. So while it is not normal, it is also not unheard of.

Take care!
|
Did you find this post helpful?