Medical Questions > Mental Health > Depression Forum

Continuing Depression, I'm just having a hard time.

Must Read
Do you know how doctors define clinical depression? Learn more about this brain disorder and types of depression that doctors diagnose here....
Can depression run in families? Can hormones really make you depressed? Yes! Learn more about causes and conditions of clinical depression here....
People with depressive illnesses do not all experience the same symptoms. Do you know the signs and symptoms of depression? Read on to learn more....
User Profile
I am having depression that doesn't seem to be worsening but it's not really getting any better. I really don't enjoy hardly anything anymore. Exercise is one of the few things I like. My last girlfriend left me after a hard breakup and my parents are into drugs. My brother talks to me a lot and helps me when I feel down but I am in college so I don't see him often. My grades aren't the best either and I'm just having a hard time. What can I do to help myself feel happier? I am also not sleeping as well and don't even really have much food to eat most of the time because of how bad finances are at home. I do counseling with a guy and that is really something I look forward to as I like my counselor a lot. He is very nice. I do take Zoloft for depression at 50 mg but I don't feel like it's helping me really.

What things can I do to help lift my mood? I try to hang out with my friends but they all drink alcohol and drugs and I don't want to get involved in that.
Did you find this post helpful?
|
Quick Reply