Medical Questions > Abortion > Medical Abortion Forum

continues pregnancy after cytotec

Must Read
A D&C is a standard procedure. But it can be scary when you don't know what to expect. Learn about what happens during dilation and curettage to prepare yoursel...
Dilation and curettage, or D & C for short, is a procedure that is used to diagnose and treat a number of womens health conditions. What are some goals of a D a...
A D&C usually is free of problems, and the recovery period for the procedure is short. But knowing about possible complications can help you detect problems ea...
Hi, My Girlfriend is pregnant and took Cytotec to abort the baby nothing happen only cramps. No blood. 5 weeks pregnant or lesser than 5 weeks.

Do you think the baby's still alive and might be fine? another question is would be safe for her to keep it after taking those pills? Is there any damaging effect on our baby. Before taking the last 7 pills we got an ultra sound and the embryo is still fine. what do you think? Please pray for the baby to be safe and normal. Please pray for me to convience my girlfriend to continue our baby.

Also e-mail me if you had encounter such stories like this: [edited by moderator - please do not post personal contact details)
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied February 15th, 2009
Community Volunteer
You cannot convince your girlfriend to carry the baby to term if it is not what SHE WANTS to do. That would be just as wrong as convincing her to get an abortion. It may or may not be safe for her to continue her pregnancy. That will be something she needs to talk to her doctor about. I will not pray for you to convince your girlfriend to do something she does not want to do. And if she took another 7 pills afte the ultrasound, then chances are, she will most likely have the abortion complete itself. If not, she will need to go to the doctor as she could have aborted the embryo but it could be stuck inside her. This is called an incomplete abortion and needs to be dealt with ASAP as it is a medical emergency and can cause life-threatening uterine infections.
|

replied February 16th, 2009
I think its still okay. As you said according to the ultrasound test its still okay. So theirs a possibility that the baby is still fine. But the defects cannot really notice at the early stage of pregnancy. Unless if its in the 7-8 months
by that time you'll know if the baby is really normal or not. And the bad thing their is that she take 7 pills. Imagine 200mg per tablet that consist a huge amount of toxic for the baby. Just imagine the adverse effect on it. Well pray for your baby's sake.
That's still life..
|

replied October 31st, 2011
HI! I am 31 years old mother of two children. I find out i was 4 weeks pregnant in october 2011 its illegal to abort a child where i live so i secretly manage to get cytotec 200mg tablets from a source. It was my first time for its use i was told to swallow 4 tablets in early morning with empty stomach and 3 after 3 hours of first dose same way orally. I had diarrhoea symptoms along with slight uerine contractions but NO BLEEDING at all within a day cramps were over anmd i was fine again. had my ultrasound today and it shows a healthy fetus of 7 weeks with proper heart beat and my gynae when told abt my cytotec dose assured me that alone misoprostol is not dangerous for embryo unless its taken with mifepristone so i should continue the pregnancy. I am confused though whether should i go for medical abortion by travelling to another country or should i continue with this pregnancy. Please help me asap May God bless you always.."
|

replied October 31st, 2011
HI! I am 31 years old mother of two children. I find out i was 4 weeks pregnant in october 2011 its illegal to abort a child where i live so i secretly manage to get cytotec 200mg tablets from a source. It was my first time for its use i was told to swallow 4 tablets in early morning with empty stomach and 3 after 3 hours of first dose same way orally. I had diarrhoea symptoms along with slight uerine contractions but NO BLEEDING at all within a day cramps were over anmd i was fine again. had my ultrasound today and it shows a healthy fetus of 7 weeks with proper heart beat and my gynae when told abt my cytotec dose assured me that alone misoprostol is not dangerous for embryo unless its taken with mifepristone so i should continue the pregnancy. I am confused though whether should i go for medical abortion by travelling to another country or should i continue with this pregnancy. Please help me asap May God bless you always.."
|