Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Digestive and Bowel Disorders Forum

Constipation with diarrhea and bloody stools

Must Read
Feeling constipated? Do you know how constipation is medically defined? Get the basics on this common gastrointestinal complaint here....
Are you experiencing severe or chronic constipation? Learn about causes of constipation here....
Constipation is defined differently by different people. Learn to identify signs and symptoms of constipation and know when to ask for medical help....
For about three months now I have been dealing with bouts of constipation followed but diarrhea followed by a bowel movements with bloody mucus. The first time it happened I went to the ER and they believed I might have food poisoning and sent me home with lomotil and told me to drink fluids. I have had 5 other occasions this has happened now and I have seen my family practitioner and he believes it is nothing other than IBS from stress. When researching it online, it always says that if there is blood it is not IBS but possibly IBD. He prescribed me to take miralax once a day, which has helped with the pain and constipation quite a bit but I have had one more episode today. I am not sure how I should proceed or if I am just overreacting and it really is IBS, please help!
Did you find this post helpful?
|