Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Digestive and Bowel Disorders Forum

Constipation & pain after two enemas

Must Read
Feeling constipated? Do you know how constipation is medically defined? Get the basics on this common gastrointestinal complaint here....
Are you experiencing severe or chronic constipation? Learn about causes of constipation here....
Constipation is defined differently by different people. Learn to identify signs and symptoms of constipation and know when to ask for medical help....
I am severely constipated and in pain, specifically on my right side right below my rib cage.

I have had two enemas in the hospital within a week from impacted stool. My most recent one was yesterday. I am still not having bowel movements, and the pain is constant and unrelieved.

Right before I went to the hospital the second time, it got so bad that I was vomiting undigested food.

The doctors have not been interested in diagnosing the cause of the constipation and impact. I am very scared that something is very wrong with me.

There is a jumping and popping sensation under my ribs that causes my whole body to jump.

What can cause these symptoms?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied November 16th, 2010
constipation & pain after two enemas
I take 500mg calcium citrate and 250mg magnesium oxide, twice a day. I like the NOW BRAND in powdered form. All supplements are not created equal so these are the ones that work for me. In order to absorb the calcium, you must take vitamin D. I take 5000iu a day of SPRING VALLEY, WALMART BRAND... I suffered for years but now I've been fine for about a year. After a while I cut down to taking the cal/mag once a day. They can make you tired so take them at night. I use to have sleeping problems too but this puts me right to sleep with no side effects.
|

replied November 16th, 2010
Constipation is usually caused by not having enough minerals in your body to absorb the water you need to digest food. You are probably mineral deficient.
|
Quick Reply