Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Stomach, Ulcers, Gastric Bypass Forum

constipation and testicle pain ?

Must Read
Feeling constipated? Do you know how constipation is medically defined? Get the basics on this common gastrointestinal complaint here....
Are you experiencing severe or chronic constipation? Learn about causes of constipation here....
Constipation is defined differently by different people. Learn to identify signs and symptoms of constipation and know when to ask for medical help....
Ive been constipated for about a a week now and have been starting to experience testicle pain. I am going to go to the doctors soon just want to know if constipation can cause testicular pain?
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper thetruth777
|

User Profile
replied September 4th, 2008
Doctor
It doesen't seem likely to me that constipation can cause testicular pain. Constipation can cause abdominal pain.
|

replied October 25th, 2009
Yes, testicle pain can be caused by severe constipation!
Dr. Nikola.... I really don't see how you could say that pains in the testicles would be completely unrelated to constipation, when the two symptoms can EASILY be related. Let me explain- since med school probably did not do a good enough job. I have experienced this "phenomena" as well (as have others.. search google)... The veins in the anus are very close to the veins in the testicles and scrotum, in fact some of the veins that are in your testes are also in the anus (same general area). When you are constipated for extended periods of time, these veins can become engorged or swolen (normally due to straining.. which the patient usually CANT HELP to a certain extent.. as it occurs naturally when the body tries to expel the fecal matter), causing hemorrhoids,fissures or even abscesses if the tissue in the anus is infected (wouldn't be too hard.. considering it holds FECES!). When this happens to these veins (which are close to and sometimes connected to your scrotum and testes), you can experience a wide variety of symptoms including anal bleeding (or blood in stool), pulsating or aching pains in the anus, and yes even pain in the lower testes towards your anus. For those of you that don't know, the rectum is an 6-8 inch "tube" that holds feces until it is ready to be expelled through the anus. Your anus is the exterior hole that the feces exits out of (your butthole). The sad thing is.. I have never been to med school.. I am not a doctor. I am 21 years old... I have been to about 8 doctors in the past year.. suffering with gallbladder disease and severe constipation..(and yes occasional pulsating testicle pains as well).. would u believe that ONE out of 8 doctors found out what was wrong with me?!?! People.. our healthcare system is a crying shame right now.. doctors don't care about people enough to know what the hell is going on anymore! My advice to you would be to forget about conventional medicine and health care.. unless u r in need of emergency assistance of course.. otherwise it is a scam in big pharmas pocket.. u can keep going to the docs if u want. and they will continue to prescribe u meds and send you home after GLANCING AT YOU! Meds that by the way will only HIDE the symptoms while the underlying problem gets worse! ESPECIALLY LAXATIVES... OKAY DON'T BELIEVE ME!! KEEP TAKING THE LAXATIVES EVERY DAY! I BET YOU'LL BE SORRY WHEN YOU ARE TRYING TO PASS A SOLID KIDNEY STONE THROUGH THE CRACK OF YOUR.... ouch! Look... read the label on the laxative, it says - "for OCCASIONAL relief of constipation", even the makers will tell you that it will mess you up if used regularly! Doctors know all of this is true about ALL conventional meds! Why do you think many of them appear to be so cranky and depressed.. they KNOW their career is a farce and that there is nothing they can really do to actually CURE people.. they can only provide temporary relief (unless they do a surgery on you and take something out.. which they will tell you themselves is "a last resort" because you are REMOVING A PIECE OF YOUR BODY). Do yourself a favor and look up the benefits of UN-PATENTABLE HERBS and vitamins that are free of side effects! Every cure in the world can be found in nature.. granted conventional medicine has its place in EMERGENCY situations.. but avoid it at all costs and take natural supplements to get your body where it needs to be.. for constipation.. get flax seed.. eat it with EVERY MEAL.. drink a TON of apple juice.. prune juice.. and acai berry juice if you can get good quality (acai is a super-food ridiculously rich in anti-oxidants).. drink a LOT of water.. squeeze lemon into hot water in the morning and at night.. eat lots of cayenne pepper and garlic (both have antimicrobial properties and are blood cleansers which will help with infection of the colon)...take an acidophilus supplement (its the good bacteria in your intestines.. chances are you lack it because of the TOXIC diet that we americans are spoon fed from birth)... acidophilus can also be found in yogurt, but make sure it is the kind with ACTIVE CULTURES! Also take cascara sagrada (latin for sacred bark) you can find this in the vitamins section at wal-mart.. STOP eating allll fatty foods ESPECIALLY fast food! Take a multivitamin with traces of zinc... do a colon cleanse.. take a digestive multi-enzyme.. do all of this and tell me how you feel in two weeks! Remember.. if you get nothing else I just told you to get.. drink ridiculous amounts of apple juice, prune juice, acai juice or water.. just keep drinking it until you are urinating every ten minutes. If you do this with apple juice you will have diarrhea within 8-12 hours and it will ALL come out. Hmmmm, I wonder why your doctor doesn;t tell you all of this. Some of them don't even tell me to say "Ahhh" anymore.. it's just sad.. to all the doctors out there.. wake up and remember that you are supposed to be helping people.. not joking with nurses and other docs in the lounge.. we can hear you all the way from the patient rooms, joking with the lady at the information desk while we are in pain... how many times have you been through that! ..... EXACTLY... it's just sad.. oh and how about "be sure to follow up with your primary care doc".. in other words " I don't know enough to help you, and if I do, I really don't care because you don't have the enough insurance coverage... tsk tsk tsk
|

replied January 29th, 2010
th truth,
you have simply uttered the truth. I am going through the same problems as you and am doing exactly same as you; what a coincidence.
I am having severe pain in testicles and sometimes it makes me constipated. You are right about the anal veins, swelling in testicular veins does cause sewlling in and around anus and in chronic cases leads to constipation. THis I am telling from my experience only, though my doctors don't believe me. Last year when I had constipation, I tried laxatives but did not work as one of the anal veins was too much swollen and then I tried tomato juice, apple juice, orange juice, yoghurt and that worked; now I have included juices and fibre in my daily diet and don't suffer from constip any more though pain in testicles stil exists and I am thinking of exploring some natural herbs and ayurvedic treatments for that. I heard that there is a herb in India (ashwagandha) that has miraculous cures for about any disease. I know from ancient indian scriptures that it is called rejuvenating-herb. But I haven't tried it so can't say much but i am thinking of ordering a pack to see what it does..plus in my case I focus more and more on meditation to accept and let-go pain ....there is one meditation that works on me and keeps me happy and helps me sleep even when the pain is severe enough to make me cry
|

replied September 15th, 2010
Testicular Pain From Constipation
ya im only 13 and when and if i get constipated ill have pains in the lower area of my testicles.. thank you for all this information and i will get on all that juice stuff ASAP Very Happy
|

replied July 11th, 2011
constipation and testicle pain
Constipation can definitly cause pain in your testicles. For me the pain occurs only in my left testicle, btw I am 24 years old. As far as the doctors go on this website, their answers are usually ridiculous, I don't believe they are even doctors just hacks. Probably just a website developer or some employee that spends 2-5 min searching google for an answer to give. Sure does seem that way. My story is, that I must of been slightly constipated from to much protein in my diet. They doctors thought I had epididymitis, gave me some antibiotics and sent me on my way. Of course this didnt help, the pain would come and go, sometimes weeks without any symptoms. They again gave me antibiotics, this time some extremely strong ones(cipro) for 10 days. This made me very very very very constipated. From my experience I can tell you unequivocally YES constipation can cause testicle pain. Usually your left one because the end part of your colon goes down the left side. Btw good post thetruth777. One important thing is that this occurance can leave your tesicle/s very sensitive for awhile. Wear a jock strap for awhile untill you are confident the pain is gone, and of course you need to take care of your constipation also. Testicle pain can be serious. You should strongly consider going to your doctor and having an ultra-sound done. If nothing else it will give you peace of mind. And don't forgot that testicular cancer is most common ages 18-25(or thereabouts I forgot the exact age range). Hope this helps.
|