Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Chronic Fatigue Syndrome Forum

Constantly drowsy (heavy eyes, brain fog)

Must Read
What is chronic fatigue syndrome? We outline the medical definition and different types of CFS in this intro section....
What causes chronic fatigue? And who does it affect? We outline the main factors doctors think contribute to CFS in this section....
Symptoms of chronic fatigue are also common to other disorders. Learn to identify CFS symptoms and when to seek medical help here....
Everyday I wake up feeling good. I have energy and my mind is sharp. About an hour or so after waking, I crash. I feel a heaviness in my eyes, and I can't focus and think as clearly. I don't necessarily feel tired. I battle this feeling everyday, all day... I sometimes feel better towards the evening. It's awful, and I have been dealing with this for years.

*I eat and sleep well. I exercise. I have had basic blood tests with normal results.

I'm starting to feel like I can't have a future feeling this way. I don't have motivation to do anything. The simplest tasks seem difficult.

If anyone can help me, it would be very appreciated.
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper tmf1
|

replied October 23rd, 2011
You may want to try B12 sublingual tablets in case you are deficient. Also, consider a detox program. A build up of toxins in your body can make you feel achy and sluggish, and it can affect your mind. A lot of people have candida which can cause all the symptoms you are having. I had it for a number of years. I had trouble focusing, I was tired a lot, and had chronic infections. I started taking probiotics, stopped eating simple sugars and stopped eating bread for several months and my symptoms improved. Don't give up. Your body is telling you something.
|

User Profile
replied February 23rd, 2012
If you don't get sick within a day or 2 after exertion (an essential component of ME/CFS), you might have a simple case of orthostatic intolerance (OI).

Do you feel better if you lay down for an hour or so when you "crash", even if you don't sleep at all? If so, that could be because your body isn't keeping your blood pressure regulated well enough for your brain to get the blood and oxygen it needs when you're upright for a while.
|

replied May 22nd, 2012
brain problem
what is the drowsy syndrome in case of brain...???and i want to ask you my grandfather suffering from brain problem and he talking all the time watching toward ceiling....???can you give me some suggestion on that..and explain about what actual problem in future we have to face regarding with such disease..
|

replied August 22nd, 2013
Anyone with brain fog, mental exhaustion, fatigue, daytime sleepiness, should have their thyroid checked! I suffered with gradually increasing brain fog and times of being very tired, even after plenty of sleep, for 7 years. Some of the other symptoms I've had are:
-heavy brain fog (especially near/behind the eyes region)
-feel dazed/ “out of it”
-chronic fatigue
-overall cognitive impairment
-depression symptoms
-lack of creativity
-feel "slow”, slower reactions, slower thinking
-can't concentrate/focus
-feel disoriented
-feel kind of dizzy/shaky at times
-Difficulty thinking (especially hard to reason/use logic)

All of this forced me to quit my computer job. And during that time I already had been diagnosed with Hashimotos hypothyroidism, and was taking levothyroxine to treat it. But during all that time, I didn't realize I was not taking enough! I thought as long as my TSH levels were below 5 then that couldn't be a problem. It wasn't until this year that I tried taking higher doses of levothyroxine, getting my TSH below 1.0, that I finally started to feel whole again! My mental stamina is back and I don't feel daytime sleepiness hardly anymore. I'm now back at a computer job that I enjoy! And my sleep is getting better. I was having an increasing number of wake ups during the night, but now I'm starting to notice an improvement with this too. Get your thyroid TSH checked. If it's above 2.0, I would tell your doctor you want to try levothyroxine, especially if you've struggled for years like me and never found a solution. I hope this helps!
|