Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Stomach, Ulcers, Gastric Bypass Forum

Constant vomiting for 2 weeks

Must Read
Abdominal pain and bellyaches are common. Though most cases of abdominal pain aren't serious, sometimes you will need to see a doctor. We’ll review some of...
Abdominal pain can be uncomfortable but is very common. But when is pain in the abdomen serious? Learn how to describe your symptoms more accurately so that yo...
It's important to "know your pain" to help your doctor diagnose the reason behind abdominal pain. Read on for more tools and information about how to diagnose ...
Hi Doctor,

For the last two weeks I have been vomiting non-stop around 10 times a day. I changed my habit of eating but no use. I eat on time and make it a must to have balanced meal everyday but even this is not working.
I've seen that soda water or mint calms it down. I've also noticed that milk products make me more sick.
What do you advise me to take in such situation? I am tired of vomiting (bile) like this.
Thanks a lot!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied September 16th, 2009
Extremely eHealthy
When vomiting and nausea are dominant symptoms and appear within an hour after the meal, a pyloric obstruction should be considered.
This condition is known as gastric outlet syndrome (an obstruction at the level of pyloris, part of gut where stomach is linked to the small intestines) and in most of the cases is result of chronic ulcer disease (scarring from the ulcer or swelling from the ulcer or gastritis results in narrowing) and food can't pass completely resulting in vomiting undigested food.
Early satiety, upper abdominal fullness and bloating, poor appetite and weight loss, are additional symptoms.
Gallbladder disorders should be checked, too!

See your physician!
|

replied November 20th, 2009
i need advice
well for the past 2 to 3 weeks I've been throwing up everything i eat . I tried eating normally but the same thing keeps happeninq . Even when I dont eat I tend to throw up the spit I swollow . I havent got my period but I dont have sexual intercourse . whats wrong with me ?
|

User Profile
replied November 20th, 2009
Community Volunteer
Like the previous poster said...See a Physician....These are wise and in some cases can be life saving words...Take care...

Caroline
|
Quick Reply