Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Intestinal Disorders Forum

Constant urination, tight stomach and fatigue

Must Read
Feeling constipated? Do you know how constipation is medically defined? Get the basics on this common gastrointestinal complaint here....
Are you experiencing severe or chronic constipation? Learn about causes of constipation here....
Constipation is defined differently by different people. Learn to identify signs and symptoms of constipation and know when to ask for medical help....
Right away, it would seem I'm pregnant, no?

No.
I'm a fairly healthy 20 year old lady, except that my stomach has blown up and I'm forever running for the bathroom.

I've struggled for years with stress and constipation, but I thought that was all behind me! I'm even more regular than ever. I also experience some hard core headaches almost daily, and can barely move without yawning. My recent doctor visit has only left me with even more queries. Hopefully, my blood test reveal SOMETHING of a diagnosis!

And, just so you know, I have yet to release and foul odors or sights from any crevice of my body. No STDs, no babies inside, nada.

Why why why is my tummy as round as a woman 4 months pregnant right in the middle of bikini season?!?!

Thanks!!!!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied July 3rd, 2009
Supporter
Has your doctor mentioned Irritable Bowel Syndrome to you yet? He probably will. It's a very common condition that causes diarreah, constipation, stomach bloating, gas, and an intolerance to a lot of foods, especially spicy, greasy, gassy, or fried foods...especially stay away from caffeine. IBS is believed to be related to stress and it sounds like that's what you are describing.
|

replied July 4th, 2009
I'm almost hoping that's what it is, just to finally be able to get rid of it. I've been perusing the WebMD pages looking for anything related.

I'm also very hungry 24/7, so it may very well be Gastritis. My doctor, in all honesty, wasn't to talkative. He didn't even notice my tummy protrudes like it does.

Thank you for your input! By next week I should know, and I'll post an update.
|

User Profile
replied July 4th, 2009
Supporter
I also wanted to mention that the urgency to urinate is also associated with irritable bowel syndrome.
|

replied July 16th, 2009
So, this "doctor" of mine hasn't even called me back to let me know of any test results. Its been over 2 weeks now and my stomach has grown Sad

Would an ultrasound really detect anything? If this is just IBS, what would help them realize it? Thank you for you input.
|

User Profile
replied July 16th, 2009
Supporter
Usually if the doc doesn't call it's because the tests are negative. I would call them..they should have called you either way..An ultrasound can help and a colonoscopy is a really good idea. It sounds horrible but I had one and they put me under..I didn't feel a thing and didn't wake up in any pain or discomfort. I have also been reading about Celiacs Disease which has a lot of the same symptoms as IBS. You might ask your doctor which tests he did and ask for him to test you on Celiacs just in case. Let me know how it goes!
|

replied August 25th, 2009
Abdominal Fullness
Did anyone suggest ovarian cancer? Hate to throw it in there, but sometimes it can be misdiagnosed as IBS as it has several urinary and digestive symptoms - the abdominal fullness is a red flag though (which can be attributed to digestive problems as well). Just thought to put it out there in case things hadn't cleared up yet...
|