Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Digestive and Bowel Disorders Forum

Constant stomach pain, bloating, gas, pooping

Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....
Hello,

My name is Grace, I'm 22 years of age. My problem concerns my abdominal and stomach areas and this bothers me a lot because I tend to not go out anymore because of constant stomach aches and going to the bathroom to poop.

I can't remember when this started but I noticed recently that I poop a lot (around 3-5 times a day, poop varies), when I eat cold food like ice cream or cold water I feel searing pain from my abdomen area to my stomach then it feels like stabbing and the pain just circulates. Then I don't burp immediately. It usually takes hours or days before I burp and during that time I experience cold sweating. I also experience acid reflux everyday.

Before I used to enjoy eating. I eat a variation of food from pasta to fast food. I gained weight over the years and adjusted my pants because my doctor advised me to, to avoid being "crushed". We have a history of heart problems, diabetes, high blood. I don't drink anymore because of ulcer problems, but I do smoke. I don't use drugs or take any medication asides Gaviscon for acid reflux and a few medicine for migraine and vertigo.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied April 14th, 2010
Community Volunteer (online)
I would try to stay with the softer diet...Nothing to spike yourself into diarrhea....Chicken is easy on your stomach...Stay away from real cold foods as they are bothering you...Eat more foods at room temperature or warmer...Try and get away from the smoking...That's trouble no matter how you look at it...Toast or bread without a lot of condiments is also easy on your stomach...Experiment...Find out what helps you and write it down...Make our your own menu and go from there...Take care...

Caroline
|

replied September 7th, 2011
I was having the same problems. I'm 28 discovered a year ago I have diverticulitis and I'm lactose intolerant and allergic to some wheat products. I recommend seeing a gastroenterologist soon for a colonoscopy. They told me before I had one it could be chrones disease, fibromyalgia, lupus, or thyroid. Finally had the colonoscopy done and there it all was. Good luck
|