Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Stomach, Ulcers, Gastric Bypass Forum

Constant stomach discomfort

Must Read
Abdominal pain and bellyaches are common. Though most cases of abdominal pain aren't serious, sometimes you will need to see a doctor. We’ll review some of...
Abdominal pain can be uncomfortable but is very common. But when is pain in the abdomen serious? Learn how to describe your symptoms more accurately so that yo...
It's important to "know your pain" to help your doctor diagnose the reason behind abdominal pain. Read on for more tools and information about how to diagnose ...
User Profile
Let's start from the begining I guess. I'm a fairly healthy 25 year old female. I haven't had too many physical problems over the years, but my stomach has always been a source of pain and worry. When I was 19 I was told that I had a stomach ulcer and I was put on a strict diet. Seemed like the pain and sympotoms would never go away!

In my early 20's I have suffered with bloating, stomach pain usually on the left side of my belly botton, and strange bouts of diarreha lasting for an unusually long time. Summer of 2007 I had really bad diarreha for alomst 3 months straight. I started to feel weak, loose a lot of weight and just feel as though I might die. I went to 3 different doctors and was never told ANYTHING! I was tested for celiac and my liver was tested, but in the end I learned nothing and eventually I started to get better on my own; it seemed to just go away.

Summer of 2008, same thing, except it varied between constipation or not having to go at all to diarreha. Constant stomach pain, bloating and sometimes a sick feeling after eating or if I waited to long to eat, and my stomach gurgles and rolls alot, even if I'm not hungry.

Now, it's even stranger. I feel constantly bloated and have a dull achey feeling in my stomach, mainly the left side and upper part by my belly botton. I feel pressure when I try to pee or go # 2 and it feels like I can't go all the way sometimes. Eating or not eating seems to not make a difference, although the sympotoms bother me more at night. It feels sometimes like I ate too much, or I went way too long without eating and I get that achey bloated feeling, and it affect my lower abdomen as well. When I worry about it, it all feels 10 times worse. My back has been sore the past couple of days, but I'm not sure if that is related. I'd just love for somebody to give me some feedback. I just want to feel good again!

Thanks for taking the time to read this long thing. I hope that somebody can give me some advice or even just some kind and reassuring words. I am worried about this and not sure if I should be. Thanks again. =)
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper User Profile MandMs
|

User Profile
replied January 30th, 2009
Extremely eHealthy
You are typical case of IBS, irritable bowel syndrome.
You may have diarrhea predominant type, constipation predominant or mixed form.
Diarrhea tends to appera as a first thing in the morning, and constipation are reserved for later.
Abdominal cramps with abdominal bloating and gas, are very characteristic for IBS.
You may experience urgent need to have a bowel movement, and to feel like you haven't completed one.
Presence of mucus in stool is very characteristic, too.
Pain and bloating may or may not be lessened by passing gas or stool.
Urinary symptoms, like frequent and urgent urination, urination during night, are common symptoms of IBS.
Also, more of the IBS patients have indigestion at the same time (mid-abdominal pain, bloating, and difficulty in digesting).
However, is good to be examined for your stomach (gastritis or ulcer also lead to indigestion).
IBS, can be a chronic form or it can have remission periods (periods free of symptoms)followed by new attack.
Stress and anxiety contributes to this.

Don't worry, IBS is the most frequent condition in gastrointestinal pathology!

Best wishes!
Marija
|
Users who thank MandMs for this post: lil_scorpio 

User Profile
replied January 30th, 2009
Experienced User
thanks Marija
Thanks so much for all that you wrote. I feel much more assured now. I thought that my symptoms were similiar, but having gone to the doctor about 4 different times over the past 3-4 years and not getting any answeres has left me discouraged. I admitt, some of the times I went to the doctor I had different complaints from the other times, like some symptoms were bothering me more than others, but it seems that my doctor should have picked up on that. From past experiences I have decided to change doctors anyway.

So much of what you described as symptoms sound so famaliar to what I am experienceing, it's as if you took the words out of my mouth! Do you know of any safe IBS diets that I could follow to see if things improve? That would be great.

Thanks again! =)
|

replied July 4th, 2012
ibs symptom
i have thesame symptoms but in my case i feel massive diarrhea after normal elimination in the morning... and sometimes my anus feel too much itchy.....sometimes my stomach is bloated and filled with gas...i farted every time specially in the morning.. aluminum magnesium is the best treatment for ibs try it
|

replied February 1st, 2009
Wish I could tell you a simple solution. I've had similar problems since about age 10-11. I'm 23 now and have been to doctors for years, but have never been given an adequate solution or diagnosis. I've all kinds of invasive tests, but have always just been told basically to find a way to live with it. I can't go to restaurants or eat fast food. No soda, no fried food..
I'd give anything I had just to be better.
|
Users who thank obfuscate for this post: lil_scorpio 

replied June 5th, 2010
Ulcer Stomach pain-Is it so?
Well I am 23 and Just had these Symptoms recently and it's nothing but annoying and scary at the same time, not knowing if you are dieing. I have pain's where I wake in cold sweats at night, Which I have not had in about a week but I wake up due to feeling either I can't breath or my body becomes numb and A slightly swollen neck. I do not know what's wrong and doctor's gave me antibiotics to treat the pain under and around the belly button but it's gradually coming and going as for pain goes, I am not able to pass a healthy stool, It's not quiet diarrhea either..more sludgy like and murky at times. So I don't know if I have an ulcer but it has taken all joy out of eating the things I enjoyed and I just don't feel the same.
|

User Profile
replied June 5th, 2010
Experienced User
To nencinias

Sounds similiar to me. It's been over a year since I first posted this and I still have similiar problems off and on. I believe it may be Irritable Bowel Syndrome. I notice that certian foods or drinks make my stomach just totally go out of wack. I can't eat spinach anymore, and garlic always leads to a horrible stomach ache and bowel problems. I guess we have just got to learn what we can eat and what we can't. Trial and error and I guess.
|