Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Stomach, Ulcers, Gastric Bypass Forum

Constant stomach ache

Must Read
Abdominal pain and bellyaches are common. Though most cases of abdominal pain aren't serious, sometimes you will need to see a doctor. We’ll review some of...
Abdominal pain can be uncomfortable but is very common. But when is pain in the abdomen serious? Learn how to describe your symptoms more accurately so that yo...
It's important to "know your pain" to help your doctor diagnose the reason behind abdominal pain. Read on for more tools and information about how to diagnose ...
I went and had tests done when I was 22. I had X-Rays and even had to drink this awful drink and get scanned. Also, I had MRIs and stool samples taken. This is my dilemma...

Ever since I was 22 my stomach hurts in two spots. In my lower right side and under my left ribcage. I also feel like I have to have a bowel movement 24/7. This has completely destroyed my personal life. I am on two different antidepressants and bentyl but the doctors I keep seeing say nothing is wrong.

My stomach aches this very moment and never stops hurting.

Am I forced to suffer for the rest of my life or is there anything I can do?

Thank you so much for the help.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied June 23rd, 2008
Doctor
Have you ever made upper endoscopy (gastroscopy) or lower endoscopy (colonoscopy)?
Is the pain constant or intermittent? Is it provoked by eating or bowel movement?
Have you ever noticed anything unusual in the stool (blood, mucus, parasites...)?
|

replied June 24th, 2008
Yes, I have had a an upper endoscopy. I do not have anything unusual in my stool. I think I have abdominal cutaneous nerve entrapment syndrome (ACNES). I just can't get a doctor to diagnose me right.
|

User Profile
replied June 25th, 2008
Doctor
What did upper endoscopy show up?
Those often urges for bowel movement should be checked with digital rectal examination and colonoscopy. You should also wait for the results from stool before suggesting any diagnosis.
Pain could be due to ACNES but often urges for bowel movements can not.
|

replied July 10th, 2010
?
are there any natural ways to deal with constant stomach pain?
|