Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Hernia Forum

Constant sickness with hiatus hernia

User Profile
hi i have been diagnosed with a hiatus hernia but im constantly sick every day after food and drink? Ive tried so many medications but they are not working, is sickness a symptom of the hernia or could the sickness be another problem? This has been going on 3months now and every day im sick. Ive asked the doc if i can have the surgery, but they said i must try every medication first but how long will they let me continue to be sick for? im 28 not over weight, dont smoke, drink etc. This is stopping me from working as i have no energy what can i do any sugestions please?

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied May 31st, 2009
Hernia Answer A6709
Unfortunately, I'm not sure what you mean by feeling "constantly sick every day after food and drink." If you are referring to nausea or/and vomiting after eating, then it is possible that your hiatal hernia and GERD may be causing these symptoms, although many other conditions can also cause these same symptoms.

If they have not already been performed, you should undergo an upper GI series as well as an upper GI endoscopy (EGD) by a GI doctor, in an effort to find the cause (or causes) for your symptoms.

Sincerely/ Robert A. Wascher, MD, FACS
A landmark, evidence-based guide to a healthy cancer-prevention lifestyle, based on cutting-edge cancer research.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Hernia , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.