Medical Questions > Mental Health > Anxiety and Stress Forum

Constant Nightmares

Must Read
Learn how doctors clinically diagnose one of twelve kinds of anxiety disorders...and which doctors you should see for an anxiety diagnosis....
Anxiety disorders can affect anyone. But do you know the common signs and symptoms of anxiety disorders? Learn more now....
Anxiety is a normal, healthy emotion when experienced during specific moments. But do you know the signs that anxiety has gotten out of control? Read more here...
I suffer from reoccuring dreams and nightmares. I'm always seeing great pain when I dream. I've been to places that I've never known existed except for just recently. I am in the military, so I can't really go to a psychologist. I just need to know whether it is normal or not to have nightmares almost every night. I also need to know if there is anything I can do about it without having to have it on my medical records. I'm becoming very stressed and I could use whatever help I am given.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied December 4th, 2010
nightmares/post traumatic stress disorder
Sounds like the exact same thing I am experiencing, it could be post traumatic stress disorder, I have seen some terrible things which I just can't talk about but understand it has caused me some problems especially whilst i am asleep, eating healthy and no alcohol and excercise usually helps. But in your case, when you have no choice of what you eat or do, just try and get to the bottom of an event or events that may be eating you up inside and try work through them in your mind.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply