Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Urinary and Bladder Disorders Forum

Constant need to urinate and back pain

Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....
Lately ive been expierencing the constant need to urinate which is usually foul smelling. i also expierence a lot of pain on my lower back and sides and have also suffered from uncontrolable shaking and shivering
ive been tested for both a STI and UTI which have both come back negative.
any other ideas of what it could be?

thank you
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied September 11th, 2009
Extremely eHealthy
Shaking and shivering signals that you are getting increased body temperature or fever.
Lower abdominal pain radiating to the back on the affected side, back pain at the kidney area, tenderness of the bladder area, groin pain, painful urination, frequent urination, changed urine color or smell, fever, nausea, vomiting are symptoms of kidney infection.
There are chances for false negative urine tests, so, visit your physician and ask for repeating urine culture and blood culture.

See your physician as soon as possible!
|

User Profile
replied September 11th, 2009
Experienced User
When you say you are experiencing lower back pain, whereabouts is this pain situated? If it is low down, by your hips, it could possibly be cystitis. I had this recently and experienced lower back pain with it. Cystitis does not always show up on a UTI test. Mine didn't.
If it is higher up, in the space between your ribs and hip-bones, its possible it could be a kidney infection.

Are you feeling cold as well? Shivering and feeling cold can be signs of an infection. Foul-smelling urine, frequent urination or burning sensations on urinating can also suggest this.

I agree with MandMs, go and see your doctor again. UTIs do not always show up in tests, they can go undetected for months. If it's an infection, you'll probably need antibiotics. You don't have to put up with this.
For the mean-time, drink plenty of water to flush out any infection and try drinking cranberry juice.
|

replied September 21st, 2009
lower back pain pressure pain in bladder
hi...i have been experiencing some of the symptoms mentioned above; namely: 1) lower back pain (just above hips), 2) pressure type pain in bladder area (just above pelvis & below stomach) 3) sudden urges to urinate (specially in time of anticipating something is about to happen/before/whilst embarking on important stuff). symptoms 1 & 2 are especially noticeable/come about when i have had an erected penis for sometime or havent ejaculated for some days (more than 4 days). Any recommendations (tests/ways of describing to DOC/possible prognosis)?
|