Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Nausea Forum

Constant Nausea Better after Eating

Must Read
You've probably had a case of food poisoning at least one in your life...but what types of food poisoning exist? Basics on food poisoning here....
Not everyone will get sick from contaminated food. Learn who is more at risk of food poisoning, and what factors increase bacterial growth here....
How do you know if you've got a case of salmonella food poisoning versus e. coli? Learn the basic symptoms of food poisoning and when to seek help here....
For the past week, I have felt constantly nauseous though I don't necessarily feel like I'm going to throw up. It doesn't bother me as much at night, but persists all day. It hasn't affected my appetite and seems to be better for a while after I eat, but then it comes right back again. I've had acid reflux issues for a while, but nothing pepcid couldn't handle. And I've never had nausea associated with it.

I am fairly healthy. I do have problems with iron deficiency anemia due to fibroids. I take iron supplements during my cycle, but haven't been taking them recently so I don't think that is the cause of my stomach problem. I also have allergy problems that seem to be worse this year - drainage, congestion. Off and on I've had some trouble with my vision. I can see ok, but sometimes have to concentrate to focus when reading or working on the computer.

I'm frustrated by the nausea but am not sure it is bad enought to go to the doctor. I can't afford medical bills right now. Has anyone had similar problems?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied July 22nd, 2008
Re: Constant Nausea Better after Eating
FrustratedinCA wrote:
For the past week, I have felt constantly nauseous though I don't necessarily feel like I'm going to throw up. It doesn't bother me as much at night, but persists all day. It hasn't affected my appetite and seems to be better for a while after I eat, but then it comes right back again. I've had acid reflux issues for a while, but nothing pepcid couldn't handle. And I've never had nausea associated with it.

I am fairly healthy. I do have problems with iron deficiency anemia due to fibroids. I take iron supplements during my cycle, but haven't been taking them recently so I don't think that is the cause of my stomach problem. I also have allergy problems that seem to be worse this year - drainage, congestion. Off and on I've had some trouble with my vision. I can see ok, but sometimes have to concentrate to focus when reading or working on the computer.

I'm frustrated by the nausea but am not sure it is bad enought to go to the doctor. I can't afford medical bills right now. Has anyone had similar problems?

My guess is it [nausea] could be caused by the drainage into your stomach from your sinuses; also, an ulcer could be a possibility.
|

User Profile
replied July 22nd, 2008
Supporter
This was something I experienced when I was pregnant. Nausea only helped by eating. Is pregnancy a possibility?
|

replied October 30th, 2010
re: nausea better after eating- get Dx??
this is a very old post, but since I'm experiencing very similar symptoms (nausea, different allergies and occasional eye blurriness) I thought i'd ask if you ever found out what was causing your symptoms? Thank you.
|