Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Muscular and Nerve Disorders Forum

Constant muscle tension or pressure

Must Read
Multiple sclerosis (MS) affects the brain and the spinal cord. But what is MS? And what types of MS do doctors diagnose? Basic facts on multiple sclerosis here....
Doctors know little about what causes multiple sclerosis (MS), but do understand the anatomy of the condition. Read one to learn about what happens during MS....
Symptoms of multiple sclerosis can be present during other medical conditions. Learn to identify early symptoms of multiple sclerosis, plus when to seek help....
I'm not sure how to describe this problem, at least not in google, but it's been going on for a few years. I have tourettes, but I don't think the issue I'm going to be asking about is the same thing...

Anyway, the issue is where I feel like my muscles are always tense or I need to have pressure on specific parts of my body. By that, I mean I'll feel like pressing my finger against something or maybe rubbing my elbow over a hard object or hitting my knees together just to feel something. I'm not sure if I'm making any sense or not, but it also makes me tense my muscles up more than they aready are, and they are tense usually, I just don't know how to relax them. Sometimes it makes me do things that look like it's tourettes, but I know tourettes (I am misspelling that, I'm sure...), it's the involuntary jerking, and while I have that, this issue is separate. Like right now, I'm pressing my knees together. It's like I have to hit them with something or press my body against something. Usually it's my fingers, knees, wrist (and I just deleted a line by pressing my pinky down on the backspace for longer than desired and am scraping my other pinky along the keyboard). Maybe it's attributed to tourettes, maybe not, I don't know! But it's irritating when I try to explain that it's not tourettes and my wife, and mother in law get onto me for being "in denial" As if they know more about my issue than I do...
Did you find this post helpful?
|
Quick Reply