Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Kidney Conditions Forum

Constant heaviness on right side from kidney to appendix.

Must Read
The kidneys filter blood and regulate body flood. What happens during kidney failure? And what types of kidney failure do doctors diagnose?...
There are three main condition which cause renal (kidney) failure. Learn what causes kidney failure and what factors increase your risk of kidney problems....
What are the signs of acute or chronic kidney failure? Which ones are more serious than others? And when should you ask a doctor or go to the ER for help?...
For about a week I've had a constant heaviness on right side near kidney, now it's moved toward appendix area. X-ray showed nothing, haven't done urine test or ultrasound yet but now I have diarrhea. I remember the doctor asking if I was constipated or had diarrhea and at the time I didn't. So what does it meen now that I do? Is it a symptom?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied January 22nd, 2012
Hello and welcome to e health forum.

The description of your symptoms indicate the possibility of enteritis, or colitis (Inflammation of the small or large intestines). Other causes of right upper back pain can be renal stones or renal infections).

For a proper diagnosis, you may need a few investigations including a urinalysis, a Ultrasound or CT of the abdomen.

You may consult with your doctor, who can do the needful for you.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Kidney Conditions , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.