Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Abdominal Pain Forum

Constant cramping

Must Read
Abdominal pain and bellyaches are common. Though most cases of abdominal pain aren't serious, sometimes you will need to see a doctor. We’ll review some of...
Abdominal pain can be uncomfortable but is very common. But when is pain in the abdomen serious? Learn how to describe your symptoms more accurately so that yo...
It's important to "know your pain" to help your doctor diagnose the reason behind abdominal pain. Read on for more tools and information about how to diagnose ...
I have had a constant cramp in my lower stomache which feels like a period. I have had it 6 weeks now and it is really started to get annoying and worrying for me.
I dont think i've gone a day without it.

What could it be?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied September 17th, 2008
Supporter
Honestly, at this point, it could be anything: viral/bacteria infection, hormonal imbalance, poisoning, and on and on.

Go to the doctor with more specific details including what you were eating those past two months, the type of exercise you were doing, and on and on.

Good Luck,

Peter
|

User Profile
replied September 17th, 2008
Experienced User
in reply.
It could be many things. It could be ovarian cysts, stomach/intestinal problems, virus,.....go to your doctor and get checked out. Hope you feel better soon...
|

replied April 13th, 2009
I am going through the same thing right now. I have period like cramping in my ovary/pelvic area for over 2 weeks now,and I am no where near my period. Just went for yearly pap, awaiting the results. 6 months ago it was found I had a 4 cm cyst on left ovary that went away on its own. Wondering if maybe I have another causing the pain?
|