Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Hernia Forum

constant burping hiatial hernia

For 3 months now I have constant burnping. I was diagnosed with a hiatial hernia about 5 months ago. The medications are not helping and one very strong one I was allergic to. I just don't know what to do anymore it is almost as I breath I burp and I do not have acid reflux with this just burps. Thank you
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied June 23rd, 2009
Have you evaluated your diet to see if you are eating or drinking things that generate a lot of gas? Also, some people tend to swallow more air than others, and this may be contributing to your burping issue. You might also consider talking with your GI doctor about the possibility of anti-reflux surgery, if he/she believes that this is the most likely cause of your frequent burping. (At the same time, it is important to be certain that there are no other potential causes for your frequent burping besides gastroesophageal reflux.)

Sincerely/ Robert A. Wascher, MD, FACS
A landmark, evidence-based guide to a healthy cancer-prevention lifestyle, based on cutting-edge cancer research.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Hernia , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.