Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Digestive and Bowel Disorders Forum

constant burping and back pain

Must Read
What structures make up the spine? We review basic spine anatomy here...before identifying potential causes of back pain....
Click here to learn about the most common causes of back pain, and things that increase your risk of backache. We cover lower back pain and upper back pain....
Back pain symptoms may seem obvious. But do you know when symptoms of back pain are more serious or when to see a doctor? Learn what action to take & when...
Hello, my name is Sujayne and im 17 and the past two weeks has been really hard for me.
I started off with constipation where i couldnt use the bathroom for like 3 days. I decided to go to the doctor and he prescribed me MIRALAX and i was able to use the bathroom only when I used it.Aside from the constipation I have a constant burping that even though at the begginning didnt seem that important now is getting more severe.I basically burp 24/7 and it's driving me insane and Im so afraid its something serious because before this i never burped to the level im burping now.Im also getting extreme back pain that wont go away until i burp but since im burping all day my back hurts all day and its very very severe, ive taken gas medicine nothing and I mean nothing works.Like a week before that I changed my diet because I wanted to loose a couple of pounds, but Im eating very healthy and I dont like soda i basically only drink water. Im noticing that when i do use the bathroom i see food that has not been digested and the poop comes out green and its not usual for me.Im not expiriencing stomach aches but sometimes i get like a little pain when im eating in my abdomen but it goes away fast.Im going to the doctor but if you could please provide me with some answers it would truly help, Im so scared.
Thank you
Sujayne
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper guest51203
|

User Profile
replied April 23rd, 2009
Extremely eHealthy
Burping with back pain can be due to stomach disorders like gastritis (inflammation of stomach lining), or, stomach ulcer.
People with burping need to be evaluated for hiatal hernia, too.
Constipation is having a bowel movement fewer than three times per week.
Green stool, often results from eating green, leafy vegetables.
Vitamins or supplements, can also cause the green colored stool.
If the stool is also soft, or even diarrhea like, it is expectable to have green color (this happens when the digested food passes through the large intestine too fast to be changed in color).
|

replied June 17th, 2009
I have the EXACT same thing as you and I have been tested for countless different things, heart, lungs, gallbladder etc. I am about to have a endoscopy in the next week or so to see if I might have Gastritis or an ulcer. I have constant pain and bloating in my stomach/right side of my chest, along with nasuea, tight feelings and it makes it hard to breathe so I cough. I will let you know when i find out anything.
|

replied August 30th, 2009
I have the same too
Me too have the Exact same problem, i constantly burp, feeling like there is ball in my neck, and when i start having an urge of bowl, i start having upper stomach pain followed by left chest and neck pain, sometimes also have palpitations which go away after a while. In the beginning i though that it might be my heart because i also had stress and anxiety problem, doctors didn't found anything wrong in that side, i did lots of ECGs and ultra sound and some other tests of my heart and everything was fine. I also woke up once with back pain in the middle of the night, just sat on Sofa, and after burping a lot my back pain was gone and i could sleep again. I am yet to find out what's the problem, all i know is, i have a problem and no one knows the solution. If your doctor have helped you with something, then do let me know.
|

replied September 14th, 2009
It has been awhile like years since I had it, but I just had an episode 2days ago. For some reason I had it in my mind that it was digestive. When It first happended I could not move. I slept on the couch and finally got help to move to the floor. My family is really big on aloe verra and use it on all kinds cuts and burns. Just that year I noticed that they sold the juice. I said why not. If it heals really good on the outside than it should help my inside too. I took it and I was able to get movement back. Whithin a couple of days I was fine. So this time I remembered and went and bought some. I have a slight tinge of pain that is almost gone, but nothing like it was. I'm still burping though, but without the pain.
|

replied February 16th, 2010
I have similar problem,yesterday out of the blue when i belched it cause severe pain in my throat,and today it is really bad,it also hurts in chest and back.I can even feel when a burp starts in the stomach and it causes the severe pain,and all i can do is stretch and pant like being in labor..I called my GI doc,but he is out of town this week.Nurse had no idea.I have never had anything like this before.I had gall bladder removed 2 yrs ago,and still have a lot of GI problems..Does anyone have clue as what this could be?
|

replied November 7th, 2010
sounds like a hiatus hernia.
lump in throat, acid reflux, regurgitation of food, back ache.
Tip - drink about a pint of water (adding weight in the belly) raise to your tip toes - then drop on your heels - jerking action/gravity could help ease hiatus hernia
|

replied March 15th, 2011
back pain consist tingles on the left side of my body and sometimes the shoots down my legs where i cant walk or move, and then other times i cant sit but i can lay down or stand.is this serious?
|

replied March 15th, 2011
back pain consist tingles on the left side of my body and sometimes the shoots down my legs where i cant walk or move, and then other times i cant sit but i can lay down or stand.is this serious?
|

replied August 9th, 2011
i also have the symptoms and to i dont know what it is.......mine starts with a pain in my stomach a bit like period pain then it gradually gets worse moves into my back and then i get the urge to burp!!! it sometimes goes off if i constantly burp for lkike 30mins other times i end up been sick then the pain just stops straight away!!! does anybody have the same and know what it could be??????????
|

replied April 30th, 2012
Adding to this I have a lot of the same sympoms listed hear. Went to ER and they ran heart associated tests (ekg, heart monitor, lab work) and concluded that it was not a heart attack so that's all they could do. Sea have put me on gets meds and plan to do further tests (cardiovascular referral and or scope). I know this thread is old but I will update results. Hopefully it will help someone.
|

replied April 30th, 2012
Adding to this I have a lot of the same sympoms listed hear. Went to ER and they ran heart associated tests (ekg, heart monitor, lab work) and concluded that it was not a heart attack so that's all they could do. Sea have put me on gets meds and plan to do further tests (cardiovascular referral and or scope). I know this thread is old but I will update results. Hopefully it will help someone.
|

replied August 14th, 2013
Help me!
I don't know what chest pain feels like. About 2 weeks ago I had acid reflux the doctors thought it was anxiety attacks because I was constantly needing to take deep breaths.
Now I am breathing better but I feel discomfort in my chest, its not normal.
I have some pain in my back that come and goes usually upper back. My muscles in my arms hurt sometimes.
I feel the pain more above my left breast and in the mid area of my chest.
|