Medical Questions > Mental Health > Anxiety and Stress Forum

considering posting what is happening so everyone knows?

Must Read
Learn how doctors clinically diagnose one of twelve kinds of anxiety disorders...and which doctors you should see for an anxiety diagnosis....
Anxiety disorders can affect anyone. But do you know the common signs and symptoms of anxiety disorders? Learn more now....
Anxiety is a normal, healthy emotion when experienced during specific moments. But do you know the signs that anxiety has gotten out of control? Read more here...
School is starting again next week and I haven't told anyone outside of close family/doctors how serious my anxiety/depression has become. I am nervous I would surfer from an anxiety attack/start feeling really down at school and people would think I am strange as they don't know why I am this way.

I have been considering just posting what is happening with me on a Facebook status update so everyone knows and can hopefully understand what I am going through.

You can read the other thread I made to see what I am experiencing in detail.

Has anyone done the Facebook update thing. Do you think it is a good idea? How do you think people would react? Good or bad idea?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied January 27th, 2012
BTW I don't add every man and his dog as a friend so people that would see the update wouldn't be randoms I have no relationship with.
|

replied January 27th, 2012
Experienced User
be careful if you are going to write it on fb, i have done that and everyone knows the basics of what is going on but when i first started telling people i lost some of my closest friends because they didn't understand. however i have told the teachers at my school and they have been realy supportive, they only tell the people you ask them to and atleast then you know that there is someone there you can turn to. i have had anxiety attacks in lessons and just started shaking and crying but i was able to go and see one of the teachers and calm down. i would suggest to just tell the teachers and a few of your close friends so that you have some support around you but no one can use it to hurt you.
|