Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Pregnancy Calendar Conception : When did I Conceive ? Forum

Confused conception dates?

Really really need some advice... I had unprotected sex with an ex on the 25th October 2010 i then took the morning after pill 26th October 2010, after two weeks my period didn't arrive so i did a pregnancy test which came up negative, on the 11th November 2010 my period arrived. I then had unprotected sex with my boyfriend, a week before christmas i found out i was pregnant, i used one of those clearblues tests which said i was 1-2 weeks, at my dating scan they have given me 24th August as my due date, how reliable are the dating scans, I know that the dates are pointing torwards it being my boyfrieds baby just want some reasurance really...
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied June 8th, 2011
Community Volunteer
You are definitely not pregnant from sex in October. Even if the dating scan is inaccurate by a lot, that is still impossible. (At week 6 it is accurate to 2 or 3 days, at week 18, accurate to 7 or 8 days, after that it cannot be used for conception date determination)

Your due date indicates ovulation around Dec 1. So sex in the last week of November or first few days in December got you pregnant. Does that match up with when you had sex with your bf?
|

replied June 10th, 2011
thank you so much for your reply, around the 20th of November definitly springs to mind. So theres no possiblity that the morning after pill didn't work? it sounds stupid but from day one I was possitive that my boyfriend is the dad, the dates add up I had a period etc, but iv just recently been for a 4D scan and to me the baby looked like my ex, but im not sure if its my mind playing tricks ect, I just cant relax and im in tears most of the time!
|

replied June 10th, 2011
Community Volunteer
In order to get pregnant, you have to have sex during your fertile week. Even if you do that, there is only about a 30% chance of getting pregnant. The morning after pill will reduce this 30% chance further. So even if you did not take it, getting pregnant would have been the exception, not the rule. Of course if you do not want to take even a 30% chance, women will do as you did, take emergency contraceptives. It is impossible to say why you did not end up pregnant then, the morning after pill or just the way things were.

There is nothing to support your thought that your ex can be the dad. Unfortunately (or fortunately) you are the only one in charge of your thoughts and feelings. If you cannot convince your mind that the facts does not support the theory that your ex can be the dad you will stay unhappy and in tears. I am sure your baby does not particularly like the stress, and your boyfriend cannot figure out where his cheerful girlfriend went. So the choice is yours, stay miserable, or accept reality and move on, the choice is yours, just make it now.

Let me know what decision you make, stay miserable, or move on and accept that you and your boyfriend is going to have a wonderful baby.
|

replied June 22nd, 2011
I keep reading your posts back and they make me feel so much better. I think my hormones are all over the place which keeps me obsessing over this. Even I know myself that dates and events all add up to my baby being my boyfriends. I think with the feeling of guilt and regret make it so much worse. Its still in the back of my mind to prepare if things go wrong.
|