Medical Questions > Mental Health > Eating Disorders Forum

concerned I might be developing eating disorder?

Must Read
Anorexia nervosa is one of several eating disorders. But what is anorexia exactly and who does it affect? Get anorexia basics and facts in this short intro....
Although doctors don't the exact causes of anorexia, there are a few factors that put certain people at risk of developing the condition. Click here for more....
What are the most common signs of anorexia? We list the physical and behavioral symptoms of anorexia here and outline when to seek help....
I know I do not have an eating disorder. yet. but Im definately concerned. I recently cut my calories and soda etc. I lodt 30 lbs in 5 weeks. I started one day just eating healthy to try and loose weight. I cut everything cold turkey.
Firsy I was eating cereal with skim milk, fruits veggies pretzels amd 12 oz of soda omly a day.
gradually I cut calories more and more. I dont drink milk anymore example bc i feel like its fatty. i eat a cup of grampola ceral without the milk. I feel guilty for eating fruits bc of the sugar. I dont even go near a banana bc of the fat. I dont eat my favorite snack, pretzels bc of the sodium. i quit eatint meats bc of the calories etc...
But now I am in kind of panic mode bc I will stick a fry in my mouth( I work in a fast food type restaurant) and chew it up and then spit it oiut. Ill have a bite of salad that has ranch on it and spit it out. put soda in my mouth andnot swallow it. I dont know what is goin on- its like an impulse and i am worried this may be the start of an eating disorder. need help/advice.s this a problem? Anyone have any experience similar?
Did you find this post helpful?
|