Medical Questions > Mental Health > Bipolar Disorder Forum

Concerned about possible bipolar

Must Read
Do you know what bipolar is exactly? And what types of bipolar do doctors classify and diagnose? Learn more basics about bipolar disorder here....
Can stress put you at risk of developing bipolar disorder? Read here for information on risk factors which increase the likelihood that someone becomes bipolar....
Bipolar is difficult to diagnose as an illness ... but bipolar symptoms are usually accompanied by extreme changes. What are the symptoms of bipolar disorder?...
Hi I am an 18 year old girl who currently lives with my two silblings and my parents. Until recently i started making assumptions about my previous mental health state. While studying the unit in bipolarism in my spychology class, i started to realize that some of the symptoms and charaterisitcs many bipolars have, i experienced while growing up. I started to consider this because when a kid, my mom started to become very worried about my behaviour with others, i was usually an angry child although I always received the love of my family, I always stayed inside when the other kids in my block would invite me to play, i always had the feeling that everyone was plotting against me and always thought that it was because i was a "special" being and they were planning to play mind games with me. I even came to a point were i started to see hallucinations of people walking around in my own home. When i started to develop "imaginary friends" that would tell me to do certain things, such as how to respond to my parents or my sisters i started to loose control over my own thoughts and decided to tell my mom. My mom told me to ignore those thoughts and that she never wanted me to talk to those things again. there was a period in my life were i considered myself a normal person until i started to practice substance abuse and my grades had severly dropped. I started to become extremely depressed and and i failed and entire school year becuase of my depression and sumbstance abuse, I had never felt so miserable in my life especially after i felt like i was "on top of the world". Im starting to get back on my feet but im scraed im going to start to feel depressed again I dont know if this has something to do with my previous childhood experineces or if it is just a phase. I recently found out that my family has a history of alcohol abuse and mental instabilty. i worried becuase i always seem to have perdiod in my life were i feel invincible and self confidetn and there are others when i feel like garbage.Please tell me if this something i should be concerned about. and thank you for your time.
Did you find this post helpful?
|