Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Epilepsy Forum

Complex partial seizure ?

Must Read
Click here to learn more about what causes epilepsy and the different types of epilepsy. Start here to learn about the basics of this type of brain disorder. ...
Get the facts on epilepsy types. Identify signs & symptoms of epilepsy. We outline different types of epileptic seizures so you know when to seek help....
How can you know if you're having an epileptic seizure? We outline how doctors clinically diagnose epilepsy and other seizures here....
Hey i don't really understand the feelings you get prior to seizures or exactly what seizure's feel like so im after some advice from people who have experienced them before and have been diagnosed in some sort of a way. I have been told that 9 days ago i had a seizure (so i have been told by the ambulance staff who were called to the scene at the time), at the time prior to me having this (seizure) i felt really giddy and felt a electric shock run through my body and a pins and needles sensation and the the noises that ran through my head are unexplainable something ive never heard before,i cant recall what happend during this time everything seems to be blank all i remember is the ambulance staff helping me into there vechile ive been told that i had collapsed to the ground and had a fit for around 30sec's to 1 min the only thing keeping me to beleiving them is that i have sustained lacerations to my mouth and tongue and that for the last week almost every muscle in my body was tight and sore, last night i feel i almost had another 1 but i managed to take a quick seat and started concentrating on breathing and i got as far a my jaw locking in a half open position it was freaky and something i want to get on top of soon as possible ive done some research on the net this past week and the closest thing i can relate it to is a complex partial seizure, thoughts people.. thanx..
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied January 26th, 2010
cpe manifests in many different ways. its not just gran mals or petit mals. i am still researching it since been diagnosed 3 years ago. im in spam unapproved and Epilepsy Action have been the best help and are the experts on it here as far as im concerned. keep researching and you will be able to determine yourself by the symptoms mentioned. its not an easy road but i wish you well. no that there are alot of us with cpe. take care
|

replied January 28th, 2010
Complex partial seisures
I was diagnosed with epilepsy about 8 years ago after years of misdiagnosis involving my heart and two unnecessary pacemakers. I very rarely have seizures these days and I'm 34. I no longer take meds as topamax and keppra seemed to eliminate most seizures. I've tried for years to explain my auras. Music, a distant thought that I can't corral, a random firing of nuerons that leave me confused. Then the complex partial. Then exhaustion and confusion. Then, within 5 to 10 minutes, I feel ok. Hope this helps.
|

replied July 4th, 2012
Update from my original post, 6ish months after my first post here, i returned too my Neuro to explain to him that i went seizure free and asked could i return to work (i played sport and drove part time for a living) he asked was i taking my meds he prescribed to me i replied no, he then mentioned if i want to drive again i must take the medication (if only i knew back then what i do now), that Neuro finally passed me onto a younger workmate explaining to me he has no idea i'm faking it/stress, the new Neuro was more with the times but treating me along the same lines untill i snapped and said to him if you don't know what your doing tell me and i'll go elsewhere the US/UK if i have to, i said i'm not your avg joe blow i play 1st grade sport blah blah blah, tell you what i'd never seen anyone pick a phone up that fast ever lol, guys gals theres an economy out there we are just a number speak up or you will get no where do it in a sensible way otherwise they'll bring depression into the picture Smile
|