Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Headache and Migraines Forum

Common causes for a headache

Must Read
How can you tell if a headache is serious, or not? What types of headaches are there? Get started learning the facts about headache here....
Do you know when to seek help for headache symptoms? Learn more about symptoms of the four different types of headaches...and when to go to a doctor here....
Headaches can be caused by various medical conditions. Learn which tests doctors use to diagnose problem headaches...and who you should see to start diagnosis....
User Profile
Hello,
Ok I'v been having really bad pain on the right side of my lower head. It hurts alot that sometimes the pain takes the right of my head and sometimes my right eye hurts. I can't even tilt my head to the right cuz it hurts and i cant turn it all the way. Ive had it for a couple months now. It would come once in a while but now its coming a lil often and its killing me. Im really worried cause i'm thinking it might be a tumor.. Can someone please let me know what my problem could be. Thanks a bunch.

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied December 27th, 2008
Headache and Migraines Answer A5156
It is hard to say what exactly causes your headache. A brain tumor is one of the many possibilities, but, fortunately, it is not so common. A brain tumor can be excluded or confirmed with a head MRI or CT-scan.

A migraine, tension headache, or trigeminal neuralgia are more common causes for a headache like you described.

You could consult a neurologist about your condition.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Headache and Migraines , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.