Medical Questions > Mental Health > Addiction, Recovery Forum

coming off Zopiclone

Must Read
What's the difference between substance abuse and addiction? Learn the basics and the science of addiction here....
Are some people more at risk than other of becoming drug addicts? Learn which factors influence addiction and how you can avoid developing the disease....
There are a wide range of signs and symptoms of drug addiction. Here we review the common physical, emotional and behavioral signs of addiction....
I've been taking a half (sometimes one) 7.5mg Zimovane tablet every night for nearly 2 years now (and off-and-on before then, usually to help me through a crisis situation, sleep-wise) - I have had the very occasional night when I haven't need to take anything, but I just can't seem to get off them completely - if I take nothing, I don't sleep, and then feel like death the next day. I desperately want to get off them completely and feel "normal" again - I've read many accounts (on this site) of people who've tried various ways of getting off Zopiclone (which I will try - have tried herbs without success) but have not seen any feedback from a doctor on the subject - would it possible to get a doctor's advice on this please?
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper eloise09
|

replied November 17th, 2009
zopiclone
hi there,i know exactly what your going through,i was on and off zopiclones for ten years at one point on two a nite!I was on my last half one for a year and just couldnt quit.in the end a cut the half into quarters and did this for about five nights.I slept the first nite off them.Its as if we need a tablet lower than 3.75 to wean off.
|
Did you find this post helpful?